Rendering and making blu ray DVD

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
Rendering and making blu ray DVD
on Nov 2, 2017 at 3:11:41 pm
Last Edited By Roger Bansemer on Nov 2, 2017 at 3:12:38 pm

I've been shooting in 4k lately.
Would someone please let me know what settings to use to render the project and then with Architect, put it on a blu ray disc? I'm using Vegas Pro 14.
Thanks
Roger

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Rendering and making blu ray DVD
on Nov 2, 2017 at 7:53:19 pm

Blu-ray is HD. Architect supports blue-ray encoding formats.

The latest 4K Blu-ray, architect does not support the encoding format since its a whole new codec. Same disc media, but different video and audio codecs.

Its really surprising how long the 4K DVD has been out, and there are no updates to the DVD architect to support it. Vegas 14-15 support the codecs, but the lawyers must be the hang ups on updating the DVD authoring tool.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Nov 2, 2017 at 8:31:24 pm

Thanks for the information.
I just assumed Vegas would be up to date on that.
Guess I'll just have to wait for the next update, etc so they can hit us again with a new version.

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Nov 3, 2017 at 2:39:44 am

You can always burn your 4K to a Blu-ray disc simply as a file and Blu-ray players that handle 4K should play it. It's no different to putting 4K files on a USB thumbdrive.

But authoring a proper 4K video disc with menus etc.... Personally I wonder if it will ever happen for self burnt discs.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Nov 3, 2017 at 9:29:09 am

Since I posted yesterday, I was told that the 4K blu ray players will NOT play anything but Hollywood 4k files no matter what. Do you have any more information on that or experience with a 4K player?
Sure would be nice to watch our own footage besides putting it on youtube.

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Nov 3, 2017 at 10:07:33 am

Looks like we are going to be stuck with putting 4K on thumbdrives to play on TVs that handle 4K. I'm only 1080 but I've friends who play their 4K that way.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Nov 3, 2017 at 1:26:47 pm

Yea, that's what I thought. Really too bad it's that way as 4k is so nice but really sort of useless unless we can watch it. The only advantage I can see at this point is that I can zoom in on 4k when editing and still keep it HD.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 5, 2017 at 9:15:49 pm

[Aaron Star] "Its really surprising how long the 4K DVD has been out, and there are no updates to the DVD architect to support it. Vegas 14-15 support the codecs, but the lawyers must be the hang ups on updating the DVD authoring tool."
You will be waiting forever because it will never happen. Hollywood has made it impossible for anyone but industry insiders to make 4K Ultra Blue-ray disc. The software to create them is prohibitively expensive (see Scenarist UHD you have to content them for the price) but you are not allowed to even purchase it if you are not a member of the Blu-ray Consortium.

Hollywood is making sure that consumers can never author their own 4K Ultra Blu-ray discs so don't hold your breath.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Nov 6, 2017 at 2:35:03 am

Thanks for that John. Another nail in the coffin for self burnt discs.

I wonder though whether 4K files burnt to a Blu-ray disc solely as files (data disc) will be recognised and played by a 4K Blu-ray player. Or whether it will even play 4K files from a USB thumbdrive? Unfortunately my Blu-ray player is 1080 only, as is my TV, so I cannot check myself.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 7, 2017 at 1:15:24 am

I believe the UHD Blu-ray format is different from HD Blu-ray and just placing files on a disc is not going to play in any Blu-ray player.

I did read that even using USB Sticks is challenging so I have no idea what Hollywood was thinking but I have no plans on buying 4K TV or player or anything at this rate. Heck, my cable provider FIOS isn't even streaming 1080 HD. Most of the HD content is still 720p! There is no way they are going to shut down hundreds of channels to make bandwidth for 4K.

If you want 4K in your home, you need an Apple TV, or Roku, or similar device which means cable providers are digging their own graves. My wife just gave me an article to read on "cutting the cable" and it looks like that is the most economical thing to so since they aren't providing the best viewing experience anymore. (...but I digress) ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Nov 7, 2017 at 1:59:04 am

Maybe if exported as an mp4 file and burnt to disc a player might accept it. In MS14 the Main Concept AVC/AAC Internet template has 4K in its customisable drop down frame size list.

And much to my surprise I find the Main Concept Blu-ray video stream template likewise has 4K in its drop down frame size list! Seems pretty pointless if we cannot burn the avc file to a Blu-ray disc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]