FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas render to Facebook poor quality - 4k to 360p - bitrate problem?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Charles
Vegas render to Facebook poor quality - 4k to 360p - bitrate problem?
on Oct 20, 2017 at 2:09:39 am

I don't think this is a Facebook algorithm or internet connection streaming problem.
The quality drops and then kicks back in at the exact same times, every time played.
I downsample my 4k to 1080 for the web with an average bitrate of 12mbps and a max of 24mbps
The Facebook video when played on a business page on my laptop in browser seems to play back fine, yet shared to my timeline it plays in 360p or lower. This can't be an app thing? What do you think?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Vegas render to Facebook poor quality - 4k to 360p - bitrate problem?
on Oct 21, 2017 at 4:47:55 pm

So you think it's the editing system creating a poor encode?

Maybe post a link to the video, so people can see what you are talking about.

If your system is caching the video, the playback will be the same everytime. Are you sure your getting a new uncached version each time? That would be for a short video, a long video is another thing. You really do no offer much info as to length or time in the video the problem happens.

Is there an extream amount of movement of screen change at the time the picture is having a problem?

Have your tried re-rendering the video, and re-uploading the video again? So you can replicate the problem? Maybe clipping the video out where the issue is, so you determine if the source material is causing the problem?

The full res vs 360p could be the way Facebook has thier page code written. I can see them wanting the business material running a better quality, and the timeline footage defaulting to low qaulity. Mainly the low quality is for speed to first frame playback, so you can see the video play instantly when scroll past it. Also having timeline playback set low end reduces your overall bandwidth across hundreds of thousands of users.

I looked into my crystal ball and its not telling me much more than this.

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
Re: Vegas render to Facebook poor quality - 4k to 360p - bitrate problem?
on Nov 8, 2017 at 5:50:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. It seems you understand how these bits work. Perhaps you can help me on another bitrate dilemma - Here are my steps -
Film in 4k 100mbps 8 bit (a7sii)
Edit on 1080 timeline
I like to take the First round of Coloring and correction and output to 1080 file with a max bitrate of 24mbps
or more so the Vegas template titled (Internet HD 1080) which I believe is min 15mb and max 30
This way my computer doesn't lag with all of the plugins luts etc. for the pacing edit
After more coloring and editing I final output another file to the same max 24mbps file
Could I even take this file and do it another round?
Or should I be outputting every time to my original XAVC codec in Vegas and use that as a prepared file every time ?
How much quality am I losing either way?
Thanks for your time, the world needs people like you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]