FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 12 does not recognize my audio file ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Bossick
Vegas Pro 12 does not recognize my audio file ?
on Oct 18, 2017 at 6:54:57 pm

I have recently purchased a Red Epic Dragon. Inside of RedCine-X I'm able to choose different exporting options where I can export my footage, then edit my footage within Vegas Pro 12. In RedCine-X I can choose to export out an AVI file, which I will choose, GoPro CineForm version 7.6.2. I'm able to output a 4K or 1080p file & drop it into Vegas Pro 12 with no problem, however the audio on the file is not being recognized by Vegas Pro 12. Only 1 visible file drops into Vegas, a video file, no visible audio file attached to the video file is present. The video shows up fine, but no audio file is there. Other export formats that I have used from RedCine-X, like a Pro Res file, will show up in Vegas Pro 12, video & audio file, but the Pro Res file is still to large for me to edit within Vegas. I want to use GoPro CineForm for my editing choice, as the file size is about 4 times smaller in average then Pro Res. Funny thing is that even though Vegas Pro 12 does not recognize the audio file when I choose GoPro CineForm, Windows Media player does. It will play both the video & the audio fine, but Vegas Pro 12 won't see any audio ?

I don't know what to do to resolve this ? I know I'm outputting an audio file because Windows Media player will read it but Vegas Pro 12 won't even see it. I'm absolutely stumped ! ! !

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance!

Shawn.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Vegas Pro 12 does not recognize my audio file ?
on Oct 19, 2017 at 12:42:14 am

Tell me something first, What is the specific audio format are you choosing as the audio
output from RedCine?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Shawn Bossick
Re: Vegas Pro 12 does not recognize my audio file ?
on Oct 19, 2017 at 2:15:25 am

Hello Steve,

As far as I know, you don't have that choice available within RedCine-X with the audio that is embedded into the clip you shot with from your camera ? I am a newbee to RedCine-X & I have been searching the manual, but I do not see any audio options available like Vegas has. The only codec I am having the issue with is the CineForm codec. If I choose a different codec from RedCine-X, Vegas does recognize both the audio & video, but not with the GoPro CineForm codec ? Vegas only sees & imports 1 clip, the video. I have contacted CineForm already, they don't think the problem is on their end, & I have contacted Red as well. They just responded back to my 1st email, without being able to resolve the issue yet at the moment, they are looking into it. Therefore I thought I'd also try this forum.

I have used Vegas & CineForm for years. CineForm is 4 times smaller to edit with then Pro Res, according to my calculations of the clips I have recently rendered, therefore I really am hoping to resolve this. Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance! ! !

Shawn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]