FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio clicks

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james spicer
Audio clicks
on Oct 16, 2017 at 8:57:16 am

So I'm noticing a bit of an issue with audio in the program, I've used OBS to capture some video and at certain points in Vegas there seems to be clicks/pops happening. Oddly it seems as if i leave it alone for a short bit, click play again and the clicks/pops either sound like they are gone or are very quiet, the volume of the clicks seem to change at times too, plus sometimes appear in other sections of the audio.

Of course they don't show up in the wave form, i just hear them at certain points. But they show up in the rendered video as well.

The clicks don't sound like they are there in the original file from what i can tell. I'm not sure if it's an AAC thing but i converted the same part of the audio into MP3, and then imported it to Vegas and have played that same part over and over a few times, not heard any clicks yet.

Any clues? I see from a Google search that people who had this issue never seemed to have found what was causing it. It kind of sounds like a static click if that makes any sense. And the video is just dropped into the timeline with nothing else done.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Audio clicks
on Oct 16, 2017 at 2:34:39 pm

[james spicer] "It kind of sounds like a static click if that makes any sense."
Eh... ?Is it possible you’ve activated the metronome?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

james spicer
on Oct 17, 2017 at 3:18:52 am

It's not that, I'm importing a couple of videos and at certain points there are clicks, they are not there in the original file when played in Media Player, in vegas the click usually happens in the same spot. I have other file recordings of games but i can't say i have noticed it in those, i did have an issue with pops/clicks with OBS before but they actually happened when watched through Media Player as well, i think they went away after i changed some settings.

But 2 times recording stuff from the desktop i have noticed it.

Here's a link to a quick video i put together, it's about the best i can do for you to hear what happens. First played in Media Player, then in Vegas http://www.filedropper.com/click_2

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 17, 2017 at 3:58:00 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Oct 17, 2017 at 3:58:43 am

[james spicer] "Here's a link to a quick video i put together"
Hi James, I’m unable to d/l your file. Pity.

However, go to Project Settings and confirm you’ve matched your Media Audio bitrate matches your Project Settings Audio bitrate.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

james spicer
on Oct 18, 2017 at 4:17:08 am

Hello again Graham,

The page does have ads on it, i uploaded it elsewhere which seems like it's a clean site. Here's the link where you can preview the video too, the preview is much lower quality than downloading it but at least you can hear it well. https://files.fm/u/ccppp33g#/

I checked the project settings, i messed around with different settings and nothing really changes. Converting this particular file's audio to mp3 is the only thing that has gotten rid of the audio glitch, like i said before it seems as if Vegas makes these glitch/click sounds by itself and sometimes at random points of the audio for this particular file at least.

I play it other times and the noise isn't there, it's just randomly there, then not. So I'm pretty stumped.. just seems like some odd glitch to me.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 18, 2017 at 5:22:30 am

You've tried to match the AUDIO Bit-rate in Project Settings - that didn't work. So, all we are left with is that Vegas is trying to read the audio at a rate that your audio system handle it. You've also said that if you re-render this file the audio is correct - yes? Well, you could test the media information using the freebie MediaInfo, run your file trough that and investigate just what CODECs the Audio requires and see if they reside on your PC. NB: DO NOT INSTALL any CODEC packs!

I think the BIG clue here is that once you had prepared the Media, Vegas is good to go.

BTW, had you downloaded this from YouTube?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Sam rosenthal
on Feb 6, 2018 at 8:57:40 pm

James. I have had a similar problem for years with clicks that occur at the exact same spot each play, but aren't visually in the audio track. I have found that there is an "anchor" at the click point, usually in the volume envelope. If you delete and replace the anchor, it often (though not always) makes the click go away.

I have even found that I can mute the channel with the anchor, and the problem doesn't go away. And you can sometimes mute every channel and the click doesn't go away. I'm using Vegas PRO12, but it was there in earlier versions too.

I suspect it is the anchor interacting with a setting somewhere (not enough ram, i don't know?) that causes this.

Is there an anchor at that point in any of your tracks?

PRO12 Build 770
Running in Windows 7 on a Bootcamped Mac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]