FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final render shows up differently than preview??

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Antonio
Final render shows up differently than preview??
on Oct 4, 2017 at 2:28:11 am

I'm trying to match two separate recordings of the same footage from my drone.

One recording is streamed from the camera.

The other is a screen capture of the flight data, which is basically the same footage with a live data overlay.

Using Pro 12, I set both videos on separate timelines and transition back and forth so that the overlay fades in and out smoothly.

In my preview screen, everything looks fine and matched perfectly, but when I try to render as an MPEG, MP4 or just about anything else, the standard footage shows up larger than the overlay.

However, if I render as an avi (NTSC), it pretty much plays exactly as it shows up on the preview screen, but with potato quality.

How do I get the final render (in HQ MPEG or MP4) to look exactly as it does in the preview screen?

Here are a couple of video clips that shows what I'm talking about:

(Low Res Matching Overlay)

(Slightly Higher Res Non-Matching overlay)

Return to posts index

Rick Antonio
Re: Final render shows up differently than preview??
on Oct 9, 2017 at 3:57:02 am

OK, I think I have it figured out....

Made this quick vid as a test

Started off with the low res data overlay footage on the top timeline and the high res non data overlay on the second timeline.

Matched the timing of the footage the best I could using the audio tracks

File/Properties/Template/HDV 1080-60i (1440x1080, 29.970 fps)/Apply/OK

Then on the second timeline, I went to "Track Motion" on the sidebar, grabbed the edge of the clip screen box and started shrinking the image until it matched the footage on the top timeline.

Once I had the image matched up, everything rendered as it looked on the preview screen ☺

Now, is there an easier way to do this?

Return to posts index

Mitchell Moss
Re: Final render shows up differently than preview??
on Oct 11, 2017 at 12:21:56 am

I would've recommended using the Pan/Crop and matching it up that way. Click on the "Lock Aspect Ratio" and "Size About Center" buttons on the side and drag the crop box and make it bigger, lower the opacity of your overlay clip, and match it up that way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]