Recording in VEgas Pro 12 and overwriting the recorded audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Heinrich
Recording in VEgas Pro 12 and overwriting the recorded audio
on Sep 27, 2017 at 6:33:21 pm

Hi dear community,

one thing drives me crazy and I am sure there is a way to solve this issue. 😉

Normally I record voiceover in my Audio DAW (Cubase). But for dubbing purpose I would like to use Vegas Pro.
also because I can have a double view of the same video like using the preview window in my control room and my voice artist can see it on a external monitor with timecode underneath.

One thing which I can't resolve by selecting any options.

I cannot overwrite my audio without the new recording stops automatically at the end of the previous event.
That makes me mad. That means. I record an audio event that lasts 30 seconds, I realize there was a glitch or a mispelling. I return the playhead to the beginning and rerecord it and the recording will automatically stop recording at the end of the previous event, so exactly at 30 sec. This is unbearable. I cannot work like that.

So. Here is my question, has any of you an adivce for me to change some option or anything. I cannot be that there is no solution to that issue.

Thank you a lot.

Return to posts index

Richard Heinrich
Re: Recording in VEgas Pro 12 and overwriting the recorded audio
on Sep 28, 2017 at 12:53:42 pm

Hi dear community,

I have an issue and hope someone can help me in Vegas PRO 12.

I'd like to use Vegas for sync/lip sync dubbing, but I am encountering this issue.

When I record my audio and I return to the beginning and rerecord it, I can actually overwrite my audio, but when replaying it it puts the new audio a level beneath the previous one. So I cannot check the new audio in full without deleting the previous audio event. That is quite impractical. The new recorded audio event will be always interrupted by the previous one.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Thank you a lot.😁

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]