FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I use a USB or Bluetooth headset with (Sony) Vegas Pro 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul James Chatman
How can I use a USB or Bluetooth headset with (Sony) Vegas Pro 13?
on Sep 26, 2017 at 3:02:27 pm

I know using the plugged in set works, but I'm coming to realize that Vegas Pro 13 won't allow me to use my Bluetooth or USB headsets.
Is there a workaround or is this by design or error? 😔

hello

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
Re: How can I use a USB or Bluetooth headset with (Sony) Vegas Pro 13?
on Sep 26, 2017 at 3:06:13 pm

I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium sound card, Windows 10, nVIDIA GTX980 Ti FTW, if that helps.

hello

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Sep 27, 2017 at 12:38:27 am

Hi Paul

Unless I am mistaken ( it's been known to happen ☺ ) USB headsets are what you would use mainly for gaming or Skyping. If sound quality is important to you (as it should) get yourself a more than decent pair of quality headsets that you can plug directly into your soundcard and doesn't need to go thru an unnecessary amount of quality reducing gates. It is worth the expense.

There are numerous forums where people have commented and tested a ton of different headsets.

Unfortunately, people have neglected the audio side of video editing. Bad or so-so audio will reduce a great video final product to the level of, dare I say it, just OK video.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 27, 2017 at 8:18:53 am

After much evidenced-based result collation, driven by wishing to reduce the SIGNAL : NOISE ratio from my PC, I’ve employed an external USB driven PreSonus AudioBox. This gets me clear away from any internal EMF hums and farts. I then plug my analogue 3mm (converted to 1/4 jack) Stereo Sennhieser MD207s into the PreSonus. Resulting from a previous -30db Noise Floor I’ve been able to reduce this to -75db NF. I can live with this.

So, to answer your question, it’s more about OUTCOME (quality) rather than FUNCTION (“Can I plug this with that?”). All of the above has taken me years to understand and even now I can aggravate myself over the lowest sound, but I feel I’ve won some audio-spurs along the way. Dropping from a noisy -30db NF down to -75db NF works for me and this was the result from getting an external USB driven AudioBox.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Sep 29, 2017 at 2:41:19 pm

Bluetooth headsets should work just any other listening device in Windows. You PC/laptop obviously needs to have bluetooth abilities at the same level your headset supports (for example Boothtooth v2.0-5 for audio streaming. If your headset works in windows apps like media player, your head set should work listening to Vegas playback.

What the others are saying about sound quality is another issue, as BT audio does not use your sound cards SN qualities. The media is compressed and sent to your headphones and played back. Granted the compression is good, but still limited compared to a good set of hardwired cans.

If you use your sound card, make sure you are using the correct audio port with the head phone amp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]