FORUMS: list search recent posts

vegas pro 13 bd burn fail - not enough space on device ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter wicks
vegas pro 13 bd burn fail - not enough space on device ?
on Sep 18, 2017 at 4:11:49 am

Burning 3D BD's off timeline, first burn was OK, on 25GB single layer generic discs, second burn (different file) limited to 2 hrs 2 mins (size on disc 23.3GB) was OK,
next burn (different file again) limited to 1 hr 47 mins (first failed, had to be trimmed to fit),
next burn failed, couldn't even manage 1 hr 20 mins. ?

Getting progressively deminishing returns re. getting footage on discs.
Searched help - no help: Searched 'device' AND 'space', and other terms.
Emptied recycle bin and temp files to free space on SSD; have 60GB free.

SSD only runs systems, not used for video storage; files processed are in RAID and EXT. HDD.

Still fails 3d bd burn, after 7 - 8 1/2 hrs of processing.

what is going on ?
something is taking up the space somewhere, needed to process the files, but I can't find the problem.
Is there a hidden ssif cache, or some other space taker lurking unfound.

Burning 720p60 2 streams for 3D BD, of about 2 hrs long; they should fit, why don't they ?
Apparently over 3 hr long movies should fit on a 25GB disc.
It's not rocket science. Not even burning in 1080 here, so there shouldn't be any size - space - time issues.

Any suggestions ?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: vegas pro 13 bd burn fail - not enough space on device ?
on Sep 18, 2017 at 5:35:42 am

Reboot?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

peter wicks
on Sep 18, 2017 at 5:52:36 am

Computer has been on and off between burns, not a computer system problem, I don't think.

Must be something to do with S Vegas, but no useful details in error report.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 18, 2017 at 6:07:25 am

Yeah, something is choking Vegas from doing the maths.

Contrast and compare the Timeline functions you're asking VP to do between the good burn and the failed burn. There will be a reason. Would you consider doing DI files to get you over hump? Try DI-ing sections of the failed burns.

Is it possible your storage is failing? I don't have a RAID setup like yours. Nor do I have SSDs and nor do I use BD prep and burn. However, there is some choking going on and this hits everyone trying any form of burning workflow.

Complexity of project and FXs; Media misfits and then render templates all add to bumps in the road.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

peter wicks
on Sep 19, 2017 at 5:30:49 am

I'm still waiting - hoping for some useful information about my 'space' problem.

Which folders are most likely to fill with useless temporary data which I can delete without fear of compromising the system ?

Did another BD 3D burn last night, and lost another 20GB from C drive. Why ??

where is it going ??? what is it doing ???

win 7 pro experts ?

Return to posts index

peter wicks
on Sep 20, 2017 at 3:21:32 am

Thanks for the flood of help everyone. After a couple of days wasted learning what someone else already knows but hasn't divulged, I have answers to my questions. Here they are for you all. Un-hide your User files.

WHERE TO LOOK SAFELY for delete-able files, for Win 7

Note: I run Premier Pro CS5.5 + Media Encoder; Vegas Pro 13; and Cineform; your editor systems may have different names, and put their caches in different places.
Make folder size notes as you search your system, run a process, then look for large folder size changes.

SSD/HDD (C:) >

MediaEncoder Cache >Media Cache
> Media Cache Files

Desktop > whatever not needed.

Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 > cache

PrPro Media Cache > Media Cache

PrPro Media Cache > Media Cache Files > Media Cache Files

User > Public > Anything you don't want
> User > Anything you don't want (Un-hide hidden folders); most lost space is in here.

Bottom LH Corner:
WINDOWS icon > search box . . > type 'disk' >manage disc space used by offline files > disc usage > delete temporary files.

WINDOWS icon > search box . . > type 'disk cleanup' > free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files.

Control panel > system and security > administrative tools > free up disc space > C: > OK > select which files to delete - then > more options > system restore and shadow copies > cleanup - windows update cleanup.

DRIVE (C:) > Users > user >
AppData (HIDDEN FILE) > LOCAL > SONY > VEGAS PRO > 13.0 > *MUX FILES, THUMBNAILS, TEXT DOC'S, XML FILES, AND HUGE DISK IMAGE FILES*
So if you are finished with these 'Disk Image Files', delete them and re-gain up to hundreds of GB on your (C:) HDD/SSD.

LAST THING, DELETE ONLY DEFINITELY UN NEEDED FILES FROM RECYCLE BIN.
THEN DEFRAGMENT DRIVE.

TO REDUCE USER PROFILE SIZE:
Change user profile settings:
Search: gpedit.msc and click it > local computer policy > user configuration > administrative templates > system > user profiles > Limit user profile size > enable > set size, and other > apply > OK.
NOTE: You MUST reduce size (remove/delete files) in the user profile list, to below its set limit, before computer will turn off; or have to do a forced shutdown.

Be careful, cautious, and good luck. If in doubt, save all unwanted files, well labeled and addressed, to an external drive for 'just in case', and then see if everything still runs OK in usual production methods.

I hope I have helped someone with this info; I'm no expert, so be very cautious with my advice.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 20, 2017 at 4:21:07 am

That's brilliant research and collection of space saving tips.

Now, has this resulted in your ability to burn your BD?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

peter wicks
on Sep 21, 2017 at 1:56:17 am

It works. I just burnt 3 of 3D BD's in a row, each of 1hr 47min, no probs, still have some space left but lost about 50GB to user files again.

Have to do more deleting again now, but at least I know where to go now, and don't end up with nothing after an 8hr compile and burn process.

P.S. The large BD Image Files files going into the user files can be re-directed to another- or an external drive, for easy management. See the pop up dialogue box when setting BD burn parameters - destination for Image Files is defaulted to user, so just change it to somewhere easier to access.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]