FORUMS: list search recent posts

Things shift during render in VP13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Walker
Things shift during render in VP13
on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:46:25 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or has an answer/solution. A client gave me a video clip (mp4) to edit. When I add a highlight or box to a new layer, it aligns perfectly in my preview; but when I render my box has shifted several frames. This seems to happen uniformly-- i.e., if I have several boxes lined up vertically, they all shift in unison.

The client's video file was a screen capture, and thus not the correct dimensions, but even after resizing and rendering it to a new file, I have the same problem. It also doesn't seem to matter what my render settings are: I've tried both 1080p and 720p. I've also rebooted to no effect. I've been using SV for a couple of years and this has never happened to me. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Things shift during render in VP13
on Sep 17, 2017 at 4:28:34 am

Does the frame rate match Project Settings? Render Settings?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Robin Walker
on Sep 17, 2017 at 5:19:45 am

Thanks for the response. Yes, kinda maybe. The clip they gave me is 30fps and the rest of my settings are 29.97. But I re-rendered it to 29.97 and I still had the problem. The boxes are rendering a half inch to the left of where I put them. The weirder part may be that I seemed to have solved my problem by rendering just their main clip from timeline and re-importing it. Now my boxes are off in the preview screen, which lets me shift them without having to guess. But I don't understand why the original re-rendered clip didn't work (and I've re-rendered it twice to 29.97). I may just have to be thankful that its working now.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 17, 2017 at 5:49:21 am

There is something other going on. Any residual Track Motion or Pan/Crop key Frames been over looked? I've only done this if I've left some pesky, redundant KFs in the mix. Do a thorough audit of your KFs. Weird....

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Robin Walker
on Sep 17, 2017 at 6:25:33 pm

Oh it's weird. I make about 10 keyframe mistakes an hour, so I'm used to catching and correcting them. To add to the mystery, while the new render solved the issue with my highlight boxes (which are keyframed) it didn't with my text (which isn't). Much less of that (and my text is far less precise in its placement), so I'm just dealing with it. I'm curious to see whether the problem persists when I work on another project or if it's specific to this one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]