FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying panning across multiple media items & tracks [Movie Studio 14 Platinum Suite]

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy King
Applying panning across multiple media items & tracks [Movie Studio 14 Platinum Suite]
on Sep 4, 2017 at 5:08:53 pm

Hello,

I'm currently attempting to apply a basic downward pan across all video tracks and media items for an animation, and I can't seem to find a way to pull it off. I've uploaded a video demonstrating the issue.

As shown in the video, I apply three panning points to one of the tracks at the beginning, middle, and end; I then simply copy and paste event attributes to all the other tracks aside from the greenscreen. This works as intended for tracks that are single media items, but not so much for those split up into multiple media items. Rendering out individual tracks as video files and importing them back in isn't an option because the dimensions wouldn't match up. Each of the stills I used is 8176x11920.

I'm a bit stumped at the moment, because given just how many media items I'm working with for some tracks, having to apply and adjust the panning for each item would be quite tedious. The track for the blinking eyes, for instance, contains something like 100 separate media items since each blink is comprised of 6 frames copy/pasted throughout.

I can't help but feel like there's got to be some sort of easy workaround to this, but I've spent the last hour or so looking through tutorials and other forum posts and haven't yet come across anything. The most promising suggestion was to grab the .veg file for the project and import it into a new project so that everything was consolidated into a single video track, but I can't find the location of any .veg files anywhere on my PC.

I've got .vf files galore, but importing any of those just loads up the project file as-is. I've looked in my local appdata folder(s) and everywhere else I can think of to no avail. Am I missing something here? For what it's worth I'm running Platinum Suite 14.

If it turns out I need to tough it out and pan out everything manually, so be it, but I'd really rather not if there's a workaround. Any help would be most appreciated -- thank you!

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: Applying panning across multiple media items & tracks [Movie Studio 14 Platinum Suite]
on Sep 4, 2017 at 8:28:20 pm

In Movie Studio there is no "Nesting" (Vegas Pro only) and Pan/Crop can only be applied to single Events.

So the most comfortable way to do what you want in Movie Studio 14 Platinum is to use "Parent-Child-Tracks" and "Parent Animation":

- Create one new Video Track on top of the timeline
- Make all the other Video Tracks "Compositing Childs" of the first Video Track.
- Use "Parent Animation" (on the left side of the first Video Track's header which is the Parent Track now) to animate all the Child Tracks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy King
Re: Applying panning across multiple media items & tracks [Movie Studio 14 Platinum Suite]
on Sep 4, 2017 at 9:24:12 pm

That did the trick -- thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]