FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin McCarthy
Upgrade problem
on Aug 29, 2017 at 10:57:10 pm

I tried to upgrade to V15 and got NO DISCOUNT after entering a serial#. I got an email from Magix offering me $10 off if I returned to my order. Tried again to upgrade and was told I can't use the coupon code. I tried calling the phone# on the email all day and got the message to press 1 for sales info questions and each time I do that it immediately hangs up on me! I tried pressing the tech service# and pressed 4 for "all other questions" and once again, it hung up on me!

Is there a discount for upgrading, and if so, how much, and how do you get it?

Also, I bought their Zara web design program months ago, did an update, and it failed to open after that. The service dept. suggested "open as administrator" and I got the same results. I have sent them 5 different messages after that over a period of 7 weeks with ZERO RESPONSE!

I am beginning to think their customer response team really SUCKS!!

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Upgrade problem
on Aug 30, 2017 at 7:40:53 am

Are you registered with magix? It helps if they have your serial numbers on file which should have been transferred from Sony, then you will get the proper upgrade pricing. When you click on upgrade it then checks your eligibility and offers the lower price. I was getting offered $249 for vegas pro. If you can't see your serials on magix, then that us where the problem lies

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Aug 30, 2017 at 3:12:31 pm

I have been a Vegas user since version 3 and I bought version14 from Magix as well as being registered with them!

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Aug 30, 2017 at 3:57:11 pm

I have now received the 4th e-mail asking me to return to my order and get $10 off coupon code...a code that when I tried to use it, I get the message it can't be used on my upgrade order. It still wants over $700 for the upgrade. AND the phone # on the coupon immediately hangs up on me when I press 1 for sales information on Vegas products! WTF!!!

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Aug 30, 2017 at 4:14:52 pm

I now have 5 "come back to Magix, $10 off coupons! It seems they are sending them to me every 15 minutes or so. BTW, they won't accept the coupon on an upgrade! TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!

Return to posts index

Eric Dettman
on Aug 30, 2017 at 6:14:25 pm

After clicking on the upgrade button you will be prompted to log into your MAGIX.com account. Once logged in you will be provided upgrade pricing if you have a previous version serial number of the same tier level of the application on your account. The upgrade price will be reflected in the purchase details before entering payment information. Coupon codes can be used on orders which are not already receiving a discounted price. If two or more discounts apply, the best discount will be provided, but the discounts are not able to be coupled or added together for the same order.

MAGIX see.feel.hear.create

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Aug 30, 2017 at 9:01:54 pm

OK, it finally went through after doing the same thing I had always been doing.

I still would like any suggestions you might have about trying to get a response from Magix Zara product after 7 weeks with no response.

Cheers

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]