FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you pixelate more than one person in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
How do you pixelate more than one person in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13?
on Aug 22, 2017 at 4:50:22 pm

I watched a Youtube video on how to pixelate and can pixelate - one person.

However, when there are multiple people - not standing next to each other - how do you pixelate them too?

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit Thumbnail is view out of the Olde North Church window where the signal lanterns were hung, as in, "1 if by land 2 if by sea" looking across the Charles River to the Charlestown Naval Yard where rebels awaited the signal April 18th, 1775.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How do you pixelate more than one person in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13?
on Aug 23, 2017 at 9:35:56 am

[Jeff David] "However, when there are multiple people - not standing next to each other - how do you pixelate them too?"
Jeff, in the future, how much of this multi-target pixelation do you intend to do? I'll tell you why, I can do it very very easily, in VP. Just for you I opened up SVP Plat 6 just to remind me what's available, ugh.... How many "targets" are you contemplating to Pixel? Would you consider doing an interim render?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 23, 2017 at 12:03:33 pm

Using VMS Platinum Version6 here's a 2 Pixel-ed areas. Are you interested in this?:
Note: The circles around the Pixel areas are for you to see clearly - they do NOT have to be there.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Aug 23, 2017 at 2:00:38 pm

Thanks Grazie.

I don't have Vegas I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. I wish I had Vegas.

There is not a lot of pixelation that needs to be done.

My project is about two hours long and making an educated guess, I would say there is maybe ten frames or clips where I need to pixelate something. Prob no more than 15 to 20 max? But maybe more in the 10 range.

How many people or license plates? Maybe 2, or 3 or 4 max.

Render? Well the project is 2 hours long but I need to do whatever needs to be done to get everyone pixelated as well as some license plates. If that is what has to be done then I'll have to do that though I was not quite ready.

But I think you are suggesting I render just the parts that need pixelation? I could do that if need be although I'm going to have to go through, identify the sections that need multiple pixelations and render just those portions - if I follow what you are saying.

Is Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 incapable of multiple pixelations in the same frame or frames?

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit Thumbnail is view out of the Olde North Church window where the signal lanterns were hung, as in, "1 if by land 2 if by sea" looking across the Charles River to the Charlestown Naval Yard where rebels awaited the signal April 18th, 1775.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 23, 2017 at 2:11:37 pm

I did my 2x sample in MSP6 not Vegas Pro. I don't know if your setup deals with multiples? Looking at what you want to do, I wouldn't like to do it.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Aug 23, 2017 at 2:10:35 pm

I think I figured it out Grazie. In the chat session on the youtube video I found this:

"Just duplicate the bottom layer again, then on the middle layer add the cookie cutter and repeat the steps in the video but for the second area you want to cover then add the blur.

The way to think of it is that the bottom layer is the entire scene but the two (or more) layers above are just circles that are on top of the entire scene, as long as the bottom layer is the entire scene you could have as many cookie cutter layers as you want."

"Then add another layer, and use it to target the second face."

I'll attempt it now and see how it goes.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 23, 2017 at 2:12:56 pm

How many layers can you use/add in 13?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Aug 23, 2017 at 11:04:39 pm

I'm not sure how many layers you can have. I tried it but could not get it to work - I didn't have much time so I was going to try again later.

Now I wonder - if maybe you can't do multiple layers in Movie Studion Platinum 13?

I have to go back, and check - maybe they were talking about Vegas when talking about being able to do multiple layers.

I have to research it more. I'll let you know what I find out.

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Sep 4, 2017 at 11:44:57 am

I was able to pixelate two different faces in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. All you do is copy a second clip and the pixelate that. I don't know how many total you can do - I would imagine you can pixelate a bunch in the same clip i.e. 3, 4 or more. I've only pixelated two diff things in the same clip so far.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]