FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Engle
Render Question
on Aug 21, 2017 at 9:13:13 pm
Last Edited By Robert Engle on Aug 22, 2017 at 12:07:17 am

I'm not great at this editing like you guys yet so sorry ran into a small issue. Ok here goes.
1. Shot some video in 4K resolution at 50 frames second. Sunny day used a ND filter as always
2. Put footage just on my computer, and yes a "4K monitor," and wow the small 30 second video clip is so clear I cant believe it.
3. Put it into Sony Vegas Pro 13 and just did a render on that small clip to see what it would look like but I only see a choice for render in 4K at 30 frames a second.
4. I did that because I did not see a choice for 24 FPS and the video clip does not look as good as being on my computer.
5. Does rendering at 30FPS make a huge problem because it wasn't 24FPS like this or is this something else?
6. Finally get to where I can video perfect after years and now I cant edit it or render it where it looks good.
7. Here is what exactly it says when I go to render and pull up the menu, " 8 Mbps HD 1080-30P Video 4K 30 FPS 100 Sharp" This is what I rendered in.
8. Also noticed my file that looked awesome was about 240 megabytes for the 25 seconds. When it was rendered it was 39.2 megabytes ????? Is this part of the issue losing the file size??????????????????

PLEASE HELP
Bob

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Render Question
on Sep 8, 2017 at 5:54:08 pm

Yes Bob, ripping up 800 pages out of a 1000 page report does tend to loose a lot of information. The same can be said for video compression when removing 200 mb out of a 250 mb fie. Something has to go and the lovely 4K quality may well suffer.

There is a lot more to learn about live recording. But to your problem. It would be nice to know what the intended audience is and what hardware they may use to ingest you footage.

Compression. as a rule compression removes information in order to make the file smaller. Hence the loss of information or a muddy picture. In Vegas you can customise presets. I can not help you with this for I lost my eyesight last year and have some new issues to work out. However contact John Rofrano, Grazzy or many others on this forum and ask how to customise render templates. Conversely, search the vegas forum for customizing vegas render templates and you will find answers there.

When this is done come back and ask your next question.

R Froze

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Sep 8, 2017 at 8:45:59 pm

Hi Robert !

Please show mediainfo of your footage !

"Shot some video in 4K resolution at 50 frames second."

"Does rendering at 30FPS make a huge problem"

"8 Mbps HD 1080-30P Video 4K 30 FPS 100 Sharp" This is what I rendered in."

Why render with 30 fps with 50 fps footage and not 25 fps ?

In Sony Vegas pro - you kan render Sony XAVC / XAVC S UHD 3840x2160 / 4K - at 50 fps

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Sep 9, 2017 at 12:04:50 am

If Vegas doesn't have a render preset to match your videos, 4K,50 fps, You can select the closest preset, customize preset and manually typing 50 in the frame rate box. You can also do this with frame size by selecting custom and typing in the resolution boxes. Hope this helps.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Sep 9, 2017 at 12:14:44 am

OOPS.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index