FORUMS: list search recent posts

project media blinking

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
project media blinking
on Aug 19, 2017 at 1:57:32 pm

After importing en capturing media quite a bit, in the project media window several thumbnails are blinking, some do not show an image of the media. It concerns m2t, mts and mov files. At first I thought maybe files with corresponding names might be the issue. Changing the name seemed te help at first, but eventually proved not to be the solution.
It looks like I can still add the media to the timeline and work with it. But the constant blinking is distracting. And I'm afraid is could be the precursor of more serious problems.

I work with Vegas Pro 12 on a i7 Windows 7-64 platform. The media concerned has different formats: 1440/50i and 1080/24p. And then there is the mov file at 25fps.

Anybody know how to stop the blinking, what the cause of it is and whether I should be concerned about further problems?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: project media blinking
on Aug 19, 2017 at 3:16:07 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 19, 2017 at 3:38:49 pm

Have you had this blinking with those three different frame rates and formats before?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
Re: project media blinking
on Aug 19, 2017 at 8:32:57 pm

Thanks for responding so quickly. No, first time for blinking thumbnails, in Vegas or any software, as far as I can tell.
It has been a while since I worked on a new project of mentionable size, for which I captured and imported more than 4 hours worth of material. In the meantime I needed to update my graphics driver for the Radeon HD7870. This came about because I got a blue screen, which seemed to indicate the necessity of an update. Since then I haven't had a blue screen anymore, so that seemed to have done the job.

When I started capturing and importing media, the blinking wasn't there. It started after I had imported/captured for a while. Maybe 2 hours worth, I'm not sure. Might have been more. Since then the files of which the thumbnails were blinking, seemed to have changed slightly. After a fresh start I thought I saw some which were blinking previously not doing so anymore, and vice versa.

Does this help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]