FORUMS: list search recent posts

not multi-camera editing - i need to see two videos to edit only one (to sync multi-clip video to another's timing)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine Neuvil
not multi-camera editing - i need to see two videos to edit only one (to sync multi-clip video to another's timing)
on Aug 17, 2017 at 12:44:33 pm

I have a dance video shot live, and another video shot as a dance film with multiple clips. The second was filmed without music. To synchronize the audio with the video, I need to play both videos simultaneously, so I can get the multi-clip video to match the timing of the live video. (In the multi-clip video, I need to speed up most clips, by different percents.) (Changing the speed of the audio is not an option.)
In MultiCamera editing, with both video layers on the same track, I can see the two videos playing side-by-side in the preview monitor, but I can't splice and stretch just one video, can I? If I cut a tail off one clip, the live video would also be cut, so it could no longer function as my chronometer / baseline for proper timing. (I don't care if the live video gets cut up in the editing timeline - it won't affect the source video. )
Can I use the trimmer for one and the preview monitor for another, and have them play simultaneously? I don't think so.
Can I get what I want by using the "Take" command (right click on a clip, select "Take")? I don't think so.
Any other workarounds?
(This is a different project than the one I was asking about yesterday - don't think the questions are interrelated, although I expect answers to the other questions would help here too. This q is higher priority now.)

Using Vegas Pro 13 on Windows 10

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: not multi-camera editing - i need to see two videos to edit only one (to sync multi-clip video to another's timing)
on Aug 17, 2017 at 8:55:06 pm

You can use Track Motion to make a Picture-in-Picture from one of the clips. That will allow you to see both at the same time so that you can line the action up. Then when you are done, just remove the Track Motion from the Track and you should have everything looking normal.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Christine Neuvil
Re: not multi-camera editing - i need to see two videos to edit only one (to sync multi-clip video to another's timing)
on Aug 20, 2017 at 9:38:51 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]