FORUMS: list search recent posts

VEGAS Titles and Text problem. Text doest start until half way through the event

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Zimmermann
VEGAS Titles and Text problem. Text doest start until half way through the event
on Aug 16, 2017 at 9:47:14 pm

I'm using VP 14 build 252 (64 bit.) I am adding lyrics to a song. I've done this for three other songs with no problem. I want all my media, background events, and logo from the previous three songs the same, sort of indicating they're from same album. All I want to do is change the lyrics and song i.e. the .mp3 file. So, I brought up one of three previous videos I had already created. I saved it as a new title.veg file, deleted the previous .mp3 file and all the lyric events leaving the background, album title and logo in tact anticipating being able to simply add the new .mp3 file and the new lyrics and be on my merry way. The .mp3 file works fine. But when I add a new lyric event to the lyrics track the lyric does not show up in the preview pane until the cursor has traveled half way through the event and it keeps displaying for a couple seconds even after it has passed the event. This makes the timing of the lyrics to the vocals extremely difficult and time consuming. Not to mention it just plain shouldn't do this. It didn't do this on the previous three songs. I used the same process on the other three videos. I Saved a completed song using a new name, deleted the audio and lyrics, added the new stuff to the now blank tracks and expected to be done by now.

Does anyone have suggestions or possible reasons for why the new text events are behaving this way?

Thanks,

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: VEGAS Titles and Text problem. Text doest start until half way through the event
on Aug 17, 2017 at 4:36:09 am

Overlapping Lyrics? Keyframes not revealing the words?
I'd like to to see a ScreenGrab of your T&T setup.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
Re: VEGAS Titles and Text problem. Text doest start until half way through the event
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:07:20 am

Hi Grazie,

The lyrics aren't overlapping and I'm not using key frames that I know of. An additional piece of info is, If I pause the video and manually and place the cursor at the beginning of the event, the lyric shows in the preview pane. But when I place the cursor a few seconds before the event and start the song playing that same lyric does not show until about half way through the event, and keeps showing for a few seconds after the cursor has passed the event.

I'm wondering if that is because I am looking the preview unrendered. But I always use the preview with no problem and it renders just fine. This is the first time I have encountered this issue.

I hope making sense in description of the issue. Please let me know if you need more clarity.

My screen isn't very large so it took two screen shots. I expanded all the options so you should be able to see all the settings for my T & T generator.

Thanks,

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:31:58 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "I'm wondering if that is because I am looking the preview unrendered. But I always use the preview with no problem and it renders just fine. This is the first time I have encountered this issue."
Well, I'd prerender the section that is presently giving you grief, just to eliminate any Preview issues. After that, and if successful we could look at the "why"'. From what you've said, and looking at what you've posted, I can't readily see an obvious reason.

Can I see a Timeline SG?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:33:08 am

And, Grazie, I have restarted VP 14. That didn't help. Thinking it might be a memory issue causing the lag, I shut down Firefox. That didn't work so I rebooted my entire laptop, started VP with no additional programs running. No Firefox or anything. I gave VP plenty of time to start and get all of its background services up and running and I still got the same result.

I did try starting with a blank slate i.e. I opened a new blank file, put in the .mp3 file and the first lyric and it worked. But I only used two tracks, one video track and one audio track. But if I do that it that way I need to rebuild everything from scratch. I need to add all my media files, match the background and album title, try to match the neon look and the lens flare etc.

I would prefer to make a copy of one song that already works, rename it, replace the .mp3 file with the one I want, and just add the appropriate lyrics the way I have don before.

I hope this helps

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:39:27 am

Here's the timeline

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 17, 2017 at 6:21:00 am

Have you got your Preferences to so ALL Frames? Presently I can't see how your Lyrics could be seen through your Track1? They look as if they should be seen around 9 Secs? Is that correct?

Can I see a SG just prior to where the Cursor hits the Lyrics and then ON the Lyrics and then one after?

I'm also noting that you've stretched out that Event on T1. Is there anything that is repeating that would obscure the Lyric track below?

If I was doing this I'd have the Lyric track, that's Text with a Transparent BG, at T1.

Interesting.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Aug 17, 2017 at 8:07:29 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "Have you got your Preferences to so ALL Frames? " As an aside can you tell me how to italicize quoted text? Is it just straight HTML or is there a button I can click to italicize certain text. That use of italics in posts is quite effective. I'd like to use it for clarity.

"Can I see a SG just prior to where the Cursor hits the Lyrics and then ON the Lyrics and then one after?"

I;m not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking for three different SGs? Remember, the lyrics at different places depending on if the video is playing than if the vid is paused. I can show you the three different SGs and describe what what I'm hearing at each SG of that is what you're asking for.

And yes, this first lyric is supposed appear for approx 9 seconds. Then I create a new event for the next phrase, "For redemption" a few beats later. Do you have any suggestions on how to get all the lyrics in one event and have appear on the screen when I am singing each particular phrase? I suppose I could use fade envelopes but I don't if I can fit all the lyrics to the whole song in one T & T generated event.

"I'm also noting that you've stretched out that Event on T1. Is there anything that is repeating that would obscure the Lyric track below?"

T1 is the album title and the name of the song. There is no repeating on T1. T1 is meant to display through entire song. Also the lyrics are not obscured they are lagging when the cursor moves into the event and they keep displaying for a few seconds after the cursor is no longer in the event.

"If I was doing this I'd have the Lyric track, that's Text with a Transparent BG, at T1."

I very interested in learning why you would do it that way. As far as I know, as long as you have a track has a transparent BG and it is above a background track it will show through as long as there is nothing in any tracks above it that would obscure it. In my case there is nothing above the lyric to obscure it and the background of lyric track is transparent, shows through and it is placed where the lyric doesn't obscure anything but the BG where the letters of the lyrics are .

Thanks for all your help, Grazie

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 17, 2017 at 8:54:10 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "I'm not sure what you mean by "Have you got your Preferences to so ALL Frames? " As an aside can you tell me how to italicize quoted text? Is it just straight HTML or is there a button I can click to italicize certain text. That use of italics in posts is quite effective. I'd like to use it for clarity."
OK, Todd, lets take this paragraph by paragraph.

In Preferences you have the option to Display all the Thumbnails of "Frames" within the Event on the Timeline. Very useful for tracking issues like this one we are discussing.

Here's that setting in our Preferences:

The Quote button here in the COW will automatically Italicize.

[Todd Zimmermann] "Are you asking for three different SGs?"
Yes. On your Timline at 9seconds there is a Text Event. So, with Preview in the SG, one prior to that Event, one on that Event and one after, that Event. I truly want to see what you are NOT seeing in your Preview. Forget about "lagging" for the moment. As was said in Dragnet: "Just give me the facts - man!"

[Todd Zimmermann] "And yes, this first lyric is supposed appear for approx 9 seconds."
No, not duration but the Event that appears at the 9 second mark - it is starting just prior to the 9 second mark? Yes/no?

[Todd Zimmermann] "T1 is meant to display through entire song."
Well, from what I'm seeing that whole Event has a white fill? That would obscure anything below. This goes back to what I asked you: Please show ALL your frames so we can see them.
[Todd Zimmermann] "As far as I know, as long as you have a track has a transparent BG and it is above a background track it will show through as long as there is nothing in any tracks above it that would obscure it."
Yes, that's true. However from what I am seeing I can't tell if ALL your BGs are transparent.
[Todd Zimmermann] "In my case there is nothing above the lyric to obscure it and the background of lyric track is transparent, shows through and it is placed where the lyric doesn't obscure anything but the BG where the letters of the lyrics are ."
Show me. I'm not seeing this to be the case - yet! (PS, you can also use Ctlr+I for italicize - just did it and again)

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Aug 17, 2017 at 9:44:33 am

In Preferences you have the option to Display all the Thumbnails of "Frames" within the Event on the Timeline. Very useful for tracking issues like this one we are discussing.

In Preferences It was not set to all. It is now. Thanks for that and the tip on italics.
duh to me.

with Preview in the SG, one prior to that Event, one on that Event and one after, that Event. I truly want to see what you are NOT seeing in your Preview.

You're a genius. I was just about to make those SGs and it started working properly. Problem solved I think. I still wonder why it happened.

No, not duration but the Event that appears at the 9 second mark - it is starting just prior to the 9 second mark? Yes/no?

gottcha. The answer was yes. the SP of the event on question was at the 9 sec point. But the text didn't appear until approx the 11 sec mark.

Well, from what I'm seeing that whole Event has a white fill? That would obscure anything below. This goes back to what I asked you: Please show ALL your frames so we can see them.

Thanks for every thing

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 17, 2017 at 11:02:28 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "You're a genius. "
Just send "cash". Failing that I'll still take the plaudit.

I'd also like to know why only making all the thumbnails appear makes the BG transparent? It really should not have a bearing on this. Hmm...😒 That doesn't make sense. Unless this somehow wakes up the program to do something that it should. If that's the case then that's a leak of functions, and waaay above my pay grade. But I'm glad we got there.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:41:15 pm

I'd also like to know why only making all the thumbnails appear makes the BG transparent? It really should not have a bearing on this.

I agree. It always did seem like a temporary glitch to me. But after all the reboots and trouble shooting techniques I employed and the problem persisted I figured it was worth posting my question here. I don't think adding the "show all frames" in my preferences had anything to do with the fix either. But I'm glad you showed me that. I think that will me a lot in editing process as I often use one still pic or text, and stretch it through the entire song.

I'm planning on finishing the lyrics today. That should only take about an hour, right? Right. It was 3am here in sunny California at my last post. I conked out after that.

To where should I send the nickle. I figure your help was worth at least that much ☺

Thanks again,

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:54:26 pm

[Todd Zimmermann] "To where should I send the nickle. I figure your help was worth at least that much ☺"
UNICEF or WWF or your favourite Cancer Cause. Take yer pick. 😉

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]