FORUMS: list search recent posts

change the speed of multiple clips all at once.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine Neuvil
change the speed of multiple clips all at once.
on Aug 16, 2017 at 5:03:03 pm
Last Edited By Christine Neuvil on Aug 16, 2017 at 11:48:41 pm

How can I change the playback speed of multiple clips all at once? I have 30 clips to set to play double-time. I know how to change the speed for each clip separately, but I don't want to do 30 operations when one should suffice. I tried grouping them (group -> new), but still only one clip at a time changed speed.
Thanks´╗┐
(keywords: slow motion, fast forward, fast motion, sped up, speed up, slow down, all clips, one at a time, one by one, individually, separately)

Using Vegas Pro 13, on Windows 10.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: change the speed of multiple clips all at once.
on Aug 17, 2017 at 6:17:43 pm

Easy. You can use the context menu for an event (right-click) and select the Paste Event Attributes function.

How? Set the playback speed for your 1st event, then right-click the event and select Copy.
Now holding down the CTRL key, select all the other events you want to have the same speed. When you've selected the last of them, right-click again and select the Paste Event Attributes option. Keep in mind that this is going to paste other attributes from the 1st clip as well, so you should do this before you start applying any FX, keyframes, etc. to the 1st clip.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Christine Neuvil
on Aug 20, 2017 at 10:03:58 pm

Thanks Andrew! So simple! And yet!: The events stay the same duration, so although they are sped up, the clips now don't cut off where I had spliced them. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Aug 21, 2017 at 3:01:38 pm

Sorry, I did forget to mention that since you are shortening or lengthening the event, you will need to manually adjust each clip length. The good news here is that if you sped up the event (i.e. changed the playback rate to something greater than 1.0), then a small "V" notch will appear somewhere along the top edge of the event. If you grab the right edge of the clip and drag that edge towards the "V" notch, it will "snap" to the notch. This will then make the clip the correct length for the sped up event. If you slowed down the clip playback (i.e. changed the playback rate to something less than 1.0), then you will have to grab the right edge of the clip and drag to the right until the "V" notch appears at the top, signifying that you again have the "whole event" back on the timeline. Hopefully this is clear enough to follow.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]