FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a script to cut and overlap a region and then review the splice.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Bridges
Looking for a script to cut and overlap a region and then review the splice.
on Aug 15, 2017 at 11:40:31 pm
Last Edited By Dan Bridges on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:02:17 am

I'm editing a lot of multi-track junior soccer (2 cams with soundtracks + 2 ext. audio recorders) in Vegas Pro 12. I cut out the no-action parts, like running to retrieve a ball which has gone out, or setting up for a free kick or corner kick. I find I can reduce the final duration of a game by 20-25% by doing this. Does anyone know of a script which either does or could be adapted to do the following sequence of actions:

1. Split all the tracks at the current cursor (not just the currently selected tracks)
2. Select the region between this current all-tracks split-point and the previous split-point i.e. the no-action section). Ideally, this would ignore a previous non-all-tracks split-point e.g. if a camcorder commenced a new MP4 clip after the clip reached 4GB. However, since this circumstance does no occur all that often, I'd be prepared to continue doing this sequence manually when such a situation occurred.
3. Delete this region. Auto Ripple is ON at this time so the tracks will butt up to close the gap.
4. Drag the tracks on the right of the split to the left to create an overlap of 1.001 secs.
5. Optionally, move the cursor back 2-5s before the overlap, and then play from there until 2-5 secs after the overlap, and then stop. This will allow me to judge the success of the cut-points used i.e. is there enough info kept to explain the change in scene, and Ctrl-Z to back out if I need to alter the split points, and try again.

Here is a section where you can see that I've already cut out some no-action portions:

Thanks, Dan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]