FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picture Gets Very Dark During Render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Smith
Picture Gets Very Dark During Render
on Aug 13, 2017 at 7:27:26 am

I am trying to post some songs I made on youtube. I made an album cover picture for the songs. But every time I render the videos in Vegas (just an audio track with the song, and a video track with the picture), it makes the cover picture really dark and makes it look terrible, and I really hate the way that it looks.

I already tried using FX Vegas Levels and Computer RGB to Studio RGB, and I tried color correcting as well, and exporting in different formats like .avi. Nothing works. What I want is a way for the picture to look exactly the same in the video as it does in the picture itself!! I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to do! Is there another program I can download that wouldn't alter the picture at all during the render? So far I tried Vegas and Shotcut, but I don't want to waste any more time experimenting, does anybody know the answer? Is this possible?

The way I want it to look:

The way it looks after I render:

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Picture Gets Very Dark During Render
on Aug 13, 2017 at 11:23:36 am

Hi Trevor

We are going to need more info in order to help you.

Source info, render specs, etc...

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Trevor Smith
on Aug 14, 2017 at 3:19:20 am

My main question though is, is it even possible to render without altering the image at least a little bit? Is it possible on any video rendering program?!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 13, 2017 at 1:20:45 pm

[Trevor Smith] "I already tried using FX Vegas Levels and Computer RGB to Studio RGB"
You're on the right track. Where did you place these? You should be placing these as an Event FX on the event that is the picture. In other words, pictures (images) and in computer RGB. Any image that you drop on the Vegas Pro timeline you should apply the Levels effect with the Computer RGB to Studio RGB preset to make that image conform to Studio RGB like the rest of the video. Everything should look fine after that once rendered.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Trevor Smith
on Aug 14, 2017 at 3:22:27 am

Yes, I tried placing it as a Track FX and as an Event FX, same problem. My main question though is, is it even possible to render without altering the image at least a little bit? Is it possible on any video rendering program?!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 14, 2017 at 10:39:58 am

[Trevor Smith] "My main question though is, is it even possible to render without altering the image at least a little bit? Is it possible on any video rendering program?! "
Yes, it is absolutely possible to get the same levels after rendering as before. We do it all the time in broadcast. The other variable in the mix is how you are playing it back. Try different players (e.g., VLC) and browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox) and you'll get different levels. That's just the way it is with video. Some players are more accurate than others. Some assume you must be playing Studio RGB material and intentionally darken it to match Computer RGB by mistake.

There is only one way to tell. Drop the rendered footage back onto Vegas Pro timeline. If it looks the same as the original, you have rendered correctly. If you really want to be sure, place the original footage below the rendered footage matching frames and use the compositing mode called Difference and it will only show the difference between the two videos. The screen should be completely black if there are no difference.

If different players make the video too dark, that's the player messing up your video levels not you.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]