FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way of having 2+ bits of text with motion tracking on the same track.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Smith
Is there a way of having 2+ bits of text with motion tracking on the same track.
on Aug 12, 2017 at 5:00:02 pm

I am doing a project that involves a lot of of text motion tracking and i was wondering if there were a way of putting more than one bit of motion tracked text per video track. Currently any motion tracking i do affects everything on the video track and in order to have the number of individual motion tracked texts i want i would have to make hundreds of video tracks.
Thank you in advance.
-James

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: Is there a way of having 2+ bits of text with motion tracking on the same track.
on Aug 12, 2017 at 6:05:29 pm

If I got you right, the use of ProType Titler would be your choice.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Is there a way of having 2+ bits of text with motion tracking on the same track.
on Aug 14, 2017 at 11:41:29 am

[James Smith] "Currently any motion tracking i do affects everything on the video track and in order to have the number of individual motion tracked texts i want i would have to make hundreds of video tracks. "
Welcome to the world of motion graphics. 😉 Usually you would do this in programs like Apple Motion or After Effects and if you've ever seen any of those projects, yes there are hundreds of tracks! That's what motion graphics is all about.

You might be able to use ProType Titler as Marco suggests but if you need to keep things in time with the timeline, ProType Titler is horrible at that. It's timeline is not synchronized with the Vegas Pro timeline so it's only useful for simple motions.

Don't forget that Vegas Pro supports Nested Projects. You can make a project with lots of tracks to do your motion tracking and then drop that project file into your main project timeline as a single event. This will keep your main project free of all of those tracks.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

James Smith
on Aug 16, 2017 at 4:30:38 pm

Ah okay, thanks for the reply :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]