FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where should, "resample and stretch quality" be set to? Best? Good?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
Where should, "resample and stretch quality" be set to? Best? Good?
on Aug 2, 2017 at 1:31:04 pm

I was reading up on the master bus. I went,

projects, properties, audio and saw the "resample and stretch quality" had been at the, "good" setting.

I have never touched this before.

I changed it to best.

Although I read the instructions about it in help section of Sony Movie Studio - I am still not sure of the significance.

But why would anyone choose, "good" vs. "best".

This is from the help section:
Choose a setting from the drop-down list to determine the accuracy with which audio files will be resampled to match your project settings.

The Resample and stretch quality setting also determines the quality of processing when time-stretching audio events. For more information, see "Editing event properties."

Uh - what does that all mean??
Oh darn, looks like I have to read "Editing event properties"

Ok so I clicked on the link and then they said this:

Time-stretching or pitch-shifting an audio event

The Resample and stretch quality setting on the Audio tab of the Project Properties dialog determines the quality of processing when time-stretching audio events. For more information, see "Setting project properties."

Editing from the timeline

1.Select an event.

2.Use the = and - keys on your keyboard (not the numeric keypad) to adjust pitch:

Key

Result

=

Raise pitch one semitone.

Ctrl+=

Raise pitch one cent.

Shift+=

Raise pitch one octave.

Ctrl+Shift+=

Reset pitch.

-

Lower pitch one semitone.

Ctrl+-

Lower pitch one cent.

Shift+-

Lower pitch one octave.

Ctrl+Shift+-

Reset pitch.

I'm still clueless. I think you need a genius iq to figure out all this stuff and I must be in the lower strata!

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit Thumbnail is view out of the Olde North Church window where the signal lanterns were hung, as in, "1 if by land 2 if by sea" looking across the Charles River to the Charlestown Naval Yard where rebels awaited the signal April 18th, 1775.

Return to posts index

Jeff David
Re: Where should, "resample and stretch quality" be set to? Best? Good?
on Aug 2, 2017 at 1:35:17 pm

Oh holy j - there was another link.

So there was an explanation, to a link and the link explanation has another link!!

Oh damn - I don't have time to read all that cause I am sure there would be another link and then another link!

This is a tough business if you are just doing it as a hobby!!

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit Thumbnail is view out of the Olde North Church window where the signal lanterns were hung, as in, "1 if by land 2 if by sea" looking across the Charles River to the Charlestown Naval Yard where rebels awaited the signal April 18th, 1775.

Return to posts index

Bill Burnette
on Aug 2, 2017 at 3:24:15 pm

If you aren't editing audio, the setting won't matter. If you ever time-stretch a video clip, the associated audio will be time-stretched also. Choices like "good, better, best" are usually performance vs quality trade-offs. Vegas had its origin in audio editing on slower computers, so that setting might have been more important at one time. Might as well choose "best" these days.

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Aug 2, 2017 at 3:56:54 pm

Cool. Thanks for stating it in understandable terms! Too bad Sony didn't do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]