FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony vegas pro rendering gets stuck

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuushi Sakui
Sony vegas pro rendering gets stuck
on Jul 24, 2017 at 6:26:46 am

Hi all.
So i've been using sony vegas pro for over 3 years now. But never have I come across this new error.
I have a 10 second long video I need to render. Usually i render all my videos in Internet HD 1080p, MP4. I do not touch
the settings, as I know I could mess up some shit. But out of the blue, my render stops at exactly 14%, then the elapsed time keeps counting down to 0, never finishing. Its odd, because I restarted my PC, restarted the program, multiple times, and it always got stuck at 14%. Now i've never had this problem before, and i did not touch a single thing that had to do with sony vegas rendering settings or any settings at all.
I also did a bit of research myself, and i've tried almost every solution i could think of. Its worth noting that
"Turn GPU acceleration on/off" is not on my preferences menu.
Can someone please tell me whats going on because its starting to piss me off. 😠
If you need me to give further information, ex my hardware, please tell me and I will.
BTW, im using sony vegas 14.0

Return to posts index

Kuushi Sakui
Re: Sony vegas pro rendering gets stuck
on Jul 24, 2017 at 6:38:02 am

Its really a big let down to me. I put time into this project, not alot, but to see it lost to such an error. Really makes me want to ditch Vegas, since this error now happens on all of my projects, no matter what template I use. I might be uninstalling Vegas if I can't get a fix or solution. I've never been so disappointed to move on to After Effects. Its starting to get on my nerves too, since renders like this usually take about only 30 minutes. I'm really pissed off about this. I'm also doing this bit at 2:40am @ night.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: Sony vegas pro rendering gets stuck
on Jul 24, 2017 at 6:56:28 pm

That is a particularly frustrating problem. Have you tried to render it in two halves by setting a looping region for the 1st half, then render with the checkbox "Render loop region only" setting enabled, then doing the same for the second half. If you watch the bottom of the Preview Screen while the rendering process is going on, you should see:

Project: 4000x3000x32, 29.970p Frame: 294
Preview: 1000x750x32, 29.970p Display: 387x290x32

The specific values will be different for your video. Watch the Frame: number as you approach the 14% render where it has an issue. If you can determine what frame number the program has an issue at, then you can approach that frame number on the timeline and see if there is anything that could be causing this (i.e. the start of an event or effect or the end of and event or effect on the timeline, for example).

NOTE: In one instance, I found that I had a Sony video FX applied to my event and that the only thing I could see was that the video effect has a keyframe at the problematic frame. When I checked the keyframe, I found it was set to 1.00 (full on, whatever the effect was). I found that when I changed the value to .999 everything worked OK, including the render. I also found that if I applied another keyframe for the effect earlier or later in the event, it would cause the render to fail if the effect value was set to 1.000. I notified Sony of the issue at the time and I believe it was eventally fixed. I am still on Vegas Pro 13, but this should be virtually the same as V14 in this respect. Let us know if that helps determine the source.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]