FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 Pro disgustingly long render times?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Butts
Sony Vegas 13 Pro disgustingly long render times?
on Jul 20, 2017 at 2:17:44 pm
Last Edited By Louis Butts on Jul 20, 2017 at 2:39:04 pm

Howdy! I've recently gotten into editing for my YT channel and I was having the issue of long render speeds.
This can go to roughly 6 hours estimated for just a 40 minute project, tops. I've enclosed an attachment below to show.

This is quite the issue since it's very tedious which basically nullifies me to record while it is rendering. Here are my rendering details.

I have also set my dynamic ram max MB to 1000, with a maximum of 7128 available (iirc). I've tried numerous 1080p rendering types in multiple file formats (.avi/.mp3/.mp4) and still no noticable difference.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have a GTX 1050 Ti and 8 Gb of ram.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Sony Vegas 13 Pro disgustingly long render times?
on Jul 20, 2017 at 2:53:39 pm

I'd recommend 16GB as the minimum RAM for HD editing work. That will help in many areas. What processor do you have?

I notice that the session frame rate is 29.894 rather than 29.97 which makes me wonder if you recorded some game play and the recording software perhaps used Variable Frame Rate? Adobe Premiere won't even edit VFR at all, but assuming Vegas does, that frame rate variation will affect render times since it increases the calculations required.

Premiere users will run the VFR footage through HandBrake software to create a new Constant Frame Rate version of the clip prior to editing.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 11, 2017 at 10:49:30 pm

[Louis Butts] "Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have a GTX 1050 Ti "

Disable 'Render using CUDA if available' under Encode Mode. I think the choice is 'None'

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 13, 2017 at 4:39:09 am

"dynamic ram max MB to 1000, with a maximum of 7128 available " - Reduce this back to the default setting of 200. If you are using RAM preview during editing, then enable the 1024 (8-bit memory format) only during editing. Windows uses extra ram for caching operations, and dynamic preview frames are not used during render. You can slow your machine down by disabling D-Ram preview altogether setting it to 0, so use the default. Vegas uses some aspect of the default settings for frame buffering or something.

16GB is a good recommendation. The rule of thumb is 4-8GB per CPU core, and the more the better.

Your media does look suspect with the odd frame rate. You might try changing your project settings to 29.97 FPS. You can also try not rendeing in BEST FULL, and change your render profile to render in GOOD. If you are capturing game footage, use XSplit over OBS, as xsplit records constant frame rate video. If not, the suggestion of running it through handbrake is a good one.

Here is a way to get media info on your media details:
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/proxy/3aa8d068d6ee911c0a37/?link=...

Your GPU is not a terrible one, but AMD would be better suited for Vegas. You might try turning off all the CUDA settings in preferences, and render formats. Then enable the GPU under preferences Video Tab, then choose encode mode: AUTO in the render profile. Try a Sony AVC profile with bit rate set at 25Mbs, and audio at AAC 384, and enable progressive download.

An alternative would be to get a Blackmagic intensity shuttle, then record your game footage on that device. You basically use another HDMI cable from your PC and clone your display. Recording the 2nd display. Then take that footage and edit it on the timeline. This will look better and be recorded in a video standard format.

Knowing more about your actual system specs would be helpful too. Download a copy of "SPECCY," then Save As .TEXT file, and post the resulting Summary section at the top to the forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]