FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 14 Re-install - The feature you are trying to use...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Carrington
Vegas Pro 14 Re-install - The feature you are trying to use...
on Jul 17, 2017 at 4:31:40 pm

I joined here specifically to report this issue. I can't find a fix anywhere else. After deleting Vegas Pro 14 and all of my plugins instead of actually uninstalling, after a re-installation it can't open anymore. It keeps saying that the feature I'm trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. It's trying to install Magic Bullet Suite 64-bit.msi. I try to cancel it but it literally just doesn't work. I've tried everything. I've dug through the registry 80 times, I've re-installed VEGAS millions of times, and deleted every file that says VEGAS or Red Giant, but nothing's working at all. What's causing VEGAS to try to install Magic Bullet Suite, and how do I stop it!?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Vegas Pro 14 Re-install - The feature you are trying to use...
on Jul 18, 2017 at 12:51:10 am

Hi Corey

You should always use the un-install feature. By using delete, you are partially removing you program. My guess is that there is a ton of leftover data from you program on your drive, some of it just waiting for instruction that are partially there. No wonder you are having problems.

My recommendation is to either use a very good drive cleaner software or re-format your drive. At this point it's the only way I know of getting rid of it all.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Corey Carrington
on Jul 18, 2017 at 1:15:25 am

I figured that was the issue. Do you have any recommendations for software I could use?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Jul 18, 2017 at 10:28:27 am

Hi Corey

Now's a good time to do some major cleanup. Windows has a tendency to keep remnants of programs that have been removed thru time. I would save everything that I wanted to keep before formatting the drive. Also make sure you have all necessary drivers, programs, serial numbers, etc... prior to deletion. You would be surprised how much faster your PC will be after a fresh install on a clean drive. Your other option is to get yourself a new drive and do a fresh install on that. The up side is that if something bad happens, you still have the original drive to fall back on.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]