FORUMS: list search recent posts

VASST Event Tools

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Yero
VASST Event Tools
on Jul 15, 2017 at 9:21:52 pm

I'm currently having an issue with VASST event tools on my MSP13 system. I have been using this for months and have had no problems. I give all my events a transition using the event tools add-on. I have between 100 and 150 events or clips that I do this to and VASST is slick because normally it can be done all with one click of the event tool. I recently had to reinstall MSP13 and now am having issues with the events, after clicking on 'Apply Event Tools', to add the transitions between clips, they all get jumbled and the audio doesn't stay in sync with the video portion of the clip. If you look at the attached pics I am making a 1/2 second crossfade between each clip. I'm trying to figure out why the VASST program would be doing this to the clips on my timeline. There must be a setting somewhere that I don't have set correct, but I can't think what it would be.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: VASST Event Tools
on Jul 16, 2017 at 12:39:36 pm

Have you tried uninstalling, then re-installing VASST Event Tools?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Kelly Yero
on Jul 16, 2017 at 5:44:51 pm

Thanks for the reply!
Well......I did that and it didn't seem to do anything different. When I deleted the program and re-installed I even did a registry clean before the re-install. But, I have got the problem corrected, so far. After the re-install I noticed that the time increments for the timeline had been changed from time to time and frames, so I changed that back. Although this didn't do anything different with the transitions, I did notice that the transition time was changed (on the timeline) from my normal .500 seconds to 8.250 seconds (my setting in VASST was still .500). That still didn't account for my video and audio being out of sync. I then decided to change my transition time setting in VASST to 1.00 seconds, clicked on the "Apply Event Tools" button and all my transitions were at 1.00 seconds and the video and audio were still in sync. I undid the transition changes and changed my VASST setting to .50 seconds. For the moment of truth I clicked on "Apply Event Tools" again and to my surprise all my transitions were at .50 seconds and no out of sync A/V clips. It seems to be holding, so if this is the answer, simply changing the transition time to something else and changing it back may be the answer. Somehow that setting must have been corrupted. I will definitely share if this doesn't hold.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 17, 2017 at 11:32:25 pm

Well glad you got it sorted....

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>