FORUMS: list search recent posts

VEGAS Pro 15 Release Date

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Setiawan Kartawidjaja
VEGAS Pro 15 Release Date
on Jul 12, 2017 at 10:35:35 pm

Dear community,

Almost a full year has passed since the revival of VEGAS Pro, and what ride it's been! Your support and enthusiasm have been nothing short of amazing. You have given us fantastic feedback and ideas for the future. So now we're excited to announce that the future you helped create begins to unfold with the release of VEGAS Pro 15 on August 28.

What can you expect from VEGAS Pro 15? Well, we can't list all the new features just yet, but here are a couple that we'll know you'll be interested in because they came directly from your feedback!

A GUI for everyone

From the moment you open the new software, you'll notice major UI changes which are not only designed to look pretty, but also bring innovative usability improvements to your workflow. Now more than ever, you can choose the GUI setup that works for you. For example, from in depth community discussion, we learned that some of you like a dark background, and some want to keep a lighter background. Some want monochromatic buttons, and some value buttons with color. Now those choices are up to you! And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to optimizing your workspace so that it works most efficiently for your unique editing style and workflow.

Editing speed efficiencies

You supplied a number of great ideas on how VEGAS Pro could speed your editing even more. We've implemented a number of these features. For instance, you wanted a "one-click" way to create a freeze frame in an event, and so in VEGAS Pro 15, you have exactly such a tool. Now, instead of following a multi-step procedure to create a freeze-frame video, you can accomplish the task with far less clicking. And that's just one example of how we've made editing faster and more intuitive.

Hardware accelerated Encoding/Decoding

VEGAS Pro 15 leverages modern hardware for accelerated encoding and decoding, including support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and other technologies.

We don't want to spoil all the surprises, but you'll only have to wait a little longer to get to know the other features and improvements of VEGAS Pro 15. We hope you are as excited as we are!

Best regards,
Mathias

Ref: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-release-date--...

Setiawan

Chungs Video Production
Bandung, Indonesia

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: VEGAS Pro 15 Release Date
on Jul 13, 2017 at 2:12:50 pm

Nice ! Will it be free for Magix Vegas Pro 14 users ?

Return to posts index

James Ollick
on Jul 14, 2017 at 3:08:29 pm

You know that the programmers have families they need to feed. So I would assume the answer to your question is no.

Perhaps they will make a special offer for those that purchased it recently, time will tell. :-)

James Ollick

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
on Jul 14, 2017 at 9:20:26 pm
Last Edited By Stephen Crye on Jul 14, 2017 at 9:22:02 pm

Hopefully there will a be nice discount. I paid almost $300 for the upgrade to MVP 14 about 6 months ago and have not even installed it yet...

Does anyone know if Magix is still monitoring this Creative Cow forum, or are they only frequenting the vegascreative forum?

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T7500, MultiTB SATA, 12GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 2000, Vegas 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9 DVDA 6.0 & 5.2(build 135) Sony HDR-CX550V, Panasonic GH3 with LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 ASPH, LUMIX G X VARIO 35-100mm / F2.8

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Jul 14, 2017 at 11:32:17 pm

[Stephen Crye] "Does anyone know if Magix is still monitoring this Creative Cow forum"

Magix have their own forum so I don't see why they would be monitoring this forum other than to promote their products. If Vegas Pro 15 does not hit the mark, I am making the transition to a different editor. I have been using Vegas since version 8. I stayed on version 11, avoided 12 and only just recently moved to 13. Neither Sony not Magix are able to get CUDA to work consistently in either preview or render, so I disable it for both, defeating the purpose. For me, that was and is the deal breaker for me.

I am of the opinion that Magix purchased Vegas from Sony to gain access to the intellectual property and user base so that they could boost their own Magix video editing product lines, and Vegas will morph into Movie Edit Pro at sometime in the future. You see it happen all the time in the IT industry. It's hard to fathom how Magix are able to continue to maintain two competing video editing products, let alone sustain the two support and development teams.

I doubt the upgrade to VP15 will be free for 14 users. It may be discounted slightly, but if we look at Magix's upgrade pricing strategy compared to Sony's, it is at a higher price point. I could typically upgrade Vegas under Sony for US$139 if I was very patient. Under Magix it has not wavered from US$249. I think Sony would initially offer it at US$199 and then sneak in a lower price point to entice you to purchase if you were reluctant. I think a sale at a lower price point is better than no sale. A sale at a lower price point means you have another customer hooked into the next product upgrade cycle. I think the Magix marketing team needs to rethink their price point strategy.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day over.

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Derek Blume
on Jul 16, 2017 at 12:21:14 pm

"Does anyone know if Magix is still monitoring this Creative Cow forum, or are they only frequenting the vegascreative forum?"

A few of us keep an eye on things at this forum, but we interact on a more regular basis at our own site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]