FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to change the frame rate of every single clip on the timeline to be just one specific frame rate?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Is it possible to change the frame rate of every single clip on the timeline to be just one specific frame rate?
on Jul 6, 2017 at 8:17:42 pm

Hey guys I seem to have a pretty huge problem, half of my footage is 29.97 frames per second and some is 59 frames.... I want everything to be just 29.97 frames per second and here is the thing... I know I could technically just right click, press copy on one of the clips that is 29.97 and highlight the whole timeline and just right click and press "paste event attributes" BUT that will not work because I have different video effects throughout the entire timeline on different clips, some are even color corrected a certain way, so if I did that I would lose everything, I am stuck and cannot seem to find out how this can be done, please help! Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Is it possible to change the frame rate of every single clip on the timeline to be just one specific frame rate?
on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:31:29 pm
Last Edited By Paul Berk on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:32:06 pm

Set your project properties for 29.97 and let it fly. I think the 59.94 should work ok with a 29.97 frame rate.
Render out a section at 29.97 fps that has both types of footage and see how it looks. Normal motion? Then you are ok. It's how it looks rendered that counts for me.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Is it possible to change the frame rate of every single clip on the timeline to be just one specific frame rate?
on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:46:39 pm

Just remember to disable resampling on the 59.94 fps

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jul 7, 2017 at 3:55:53 am

Nope does not work! There are blurry frames in all the clips that are 59 frames! The 29 looks great like it should but like I said manually changing all the 59 frames a second clips is out of the question, this is a full length 1 hour and 20 minute film! Random clips are 59 and some are 29! Can I just change them all to 29 at the same time? Thanks for the suggestions though

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 8, 2017 at 1:17:19 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Jul 8, 2017 at 1:21:17 pm

You cannot change the frame rate of a clip! It is what it is. There is either 59.94 frames for every second of video in the clip or there is 29.97 frames for every second of video in the clip. You can't change this. If there was some way to lie to Vegas Pro about the frame rate (which there isn't) all it would do is play the video at 1/2 speed because it would be playing 59.94 frames at the speed of 29.97 which would take twice as long and be twice as slow (i.e., 1/2 speed). So you don't want to mess with the frame rate. That has already been established when you shoot the footage.

All you can do now is what Ole has suggested. Disable Resample on the clips that are 59.94 so that Vegas Pro does not blend the frames and make them blurry. If you are seeing blurry frames, it means that you don't have resample disabled. Disabling resample will drop frames on playback to make 59.94 fps match 29.97 fps which is exactly what you want to happen.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jul 8, 2017 at 3:40:15 pm

I should have explained a bit better actually, if I right click on the clips that are 29 frames a second and go "properties" I'll see that it says "Undersample rate = 1.000, 29 frames.

If I right click on the clips that are 59 frames and go properties I see that it says "Undersample rate 1.000 and 59 frames per second, I notice if I change the undersample rate 1.000 to 0.500 it will become a 29.97 frame clip! Which is exactly what I need! You guys really don't think there is a way to apply this to the entire timeline? I'm starting to think there might not be now actually because the 59 frame clips would have to be 0.500 and the clips that are already 29 frames are set to 1.000, so I have to set it to one or the other, the program probably won't know which ones are which.

If that is the case oh well! I'll just have to manually go through it which isn't the end of the world! BTW I've been working on this film for 7 years now once it's done I can show you guys on youtube if you are curious lol thanks for the help guys ! :)

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 8, 2017 at 4:52:20 pm

[Jackie Luffy] "If I right click on the clips that are 59 frames and go properties I see that it says "Undersample rate 1.000 and 59 frames per second, I notice if I change the undersample rate 1.000 to 0.500 it will become a 29.97 frame clip! Which is exactly what I need! You guys really don't think there is a way to apply this to the entire timeline? I'm starting to think there might not be now actually because the 59 frame clips would have to be 0.500 and the clips that are already 29 frames are set to 1.000, so I have to set it to one or the other, the program probably won't know which ones are which."
You can easily do this with a Script so I wrote one for you that you can download from my web site here: Convert59to29Media.cs

To use it, make a folder called: Vegas Script Menu in your Documents folder (if you don't already have one) and place it in there and then restart Vegas Pro. Then in Vegas Pro look under the menu item Tools | Scripting and you should see it listed. Select it and it will convert all of the 59.94 fps timeline clips to use an Undersample Rate of 0.5 and it will also Disable Resample on those events.

The script is designed to work in MAGIX Vegas Pro 14.0. You will have to modify it to work with Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 and earlier.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jul 8, 2017 at 5:16:07 pm

Oh wow John thank you! But I'm sorry I have never used scripting before, I right clicked and downloaded your script and put it into My computer-program files-sony-vegas13-scripting menu, and restarted Vegas 13 and when I opened it again I seen your scrip in the tools-scripting menu and I got an error message, you mentioned I have to modify it so I can work with 13, how would I go about doing that?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 8, 2017 at 5:38:03 pm

It's easier for me to just save a version that works with Vegas Pro 13 for you. You can delete the other one.

Use this version instead: Convert59to29Media-V13.cs

~jr

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jul 10, 2017 at 12:58:07 am

OMG Thank you so much John!!!! This saved me a huge amount of time ☺ Thank you to everyone else who posted as well!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 10, 2017 at 5:51:41 pm

Happy to have helped. Don't forget to "pay it forward" by helping someone else. (...and you though my help was free?) LOL ;-D

~jr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]