FORUMS: list search recent posts

black background problem when using the Pan/crop mask

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taennie Cruz
black background problem when using the Pan/crop mask
on Jul 6, 2017 at 2:22:17 pm

Problem: when using pan/crop masking and selecting certain regions to move positions to, it makes a black background instead of having the video itself in the background. I'm just worried because does it have something to do with the fact that the pancrop is not synched to the timeline cuz that is a problem as well, the timeline when skipping frames does not render to the pan/crop key frames thing.

Is it possible to either make the background transparent? Or was there a setting that I've missed?

ZZ

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: black background problem when using the Pan/crop mask
on Jul 7, 2017 at 12:20:00 am

Im here trying to figure out exactly the issue you are describing!
Is it possible for you to post a screen grab of your situation?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: black background problem when using the Pan/crop mask
on Jul 15, 2017 at 6:39:32 am

One thing to try is to click the Keep Aspect Ratio button before making adjustments in Pan/Crop. If you don't, it will crop the edges and is nearly impossible to match up again.

The black background as you described should be transparent. If you have video or graphics on a track beneath you would be able to see through to the bottom track in those black spaces.

As far as the Pan/Crop not syncing to the timeline, you may be using an event only pan/crop that would only apply to that event. There is a Pan/Crop button for each video track on the left side above the opacity slider for that track. I hope that helps. Thanks!

DavidEon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]