FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scripting

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hague
Scripting
on Jul 6, 2017 at 8:06:20 am

Is there any way using scripting and command markers to set up a scenario thus:

A particular vehicle type appears on screen, and using a "Mouse over" on that part of the image, an overlay pops up showing details of the vehicle.

This is used a lot in Amazon's "The Grand Tour" (The New Top Gear). I accept only in streaming could this be applied, but I don't have enough scripting knowledge as yet to a) see if it can be done or b) if so,do it.

But willing to give is a crack! JR?

David

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Scripting
on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:30:28 am

David? A mouse over in what media? DVD or what?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

David Hague
on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:54:58 pm

Streaming. Off YouTube, Vimeo or whatever. Or indeed it could be a mouse click on an object to bring up a text overlay.

David

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 7, 2017 at 12:18:45 pm

So, you would like a Script to be executed in Vegas that would lay-down some type of trigger that would allow, eventually within YT or Vimeo some form of text to be revealed. Yes?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

David Hague
on Jul 7, 2017 at 12:31:58 pm

On the button!

David

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 8, 2017 at 12:51:17 pm

Whatever it is, it is proprietary to the platform you are using so I don't see how it could be automated. For example, YouTube annotations must be created in their own on-line video editor so that would be impossible to add automatically unless you used a keystroke recorder and playback. I don't know what Amazon uses but again, it's probably proprietary so there is no way to pass that information in with your video.

The old Windows Media Video (WMV) format had a way to imbedding markers that Vegas Pro supports but that is an outdated technology that doesn't work on the majority of Internet browsing devices (i.e., smart phones and tablets) and even YouTube Annotations don't work on smart phones so there really isn't any reliable way to accomplish this that I can see.

Besides, "hover" is a desktop concept. There is no concept of "hover" on a smartphone or tablet so you would not want to incorporate that into any "future thinking" design for Internet video because most people would never be able to use it. You would have to guarantee that your users would only be watching your video on a desktop computer for it to work.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

David Hague
on Jul 10, 2017 at 2:19:50 am

The JR. Sort of what I expected. The folk at "Verse" reckon they can fudge it to a degree, but not quite what I was after.

Cheers mate!

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]