FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird issue: Sony vegas preview freezing after split.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas steen
Weird issue: Sony vegas preview freezing after split.
on Jul 3, 2017 at 10:43:46 pm

Here is the problem, sony vegas used to be working fine with my R9 280x. After I upgraded by PC with a GTX 1060 I got this problem. The video in preview is smooth if it's just one long piece of video. The moment I start splitting it with "S" Sony Vegas freezes on the frame it splits.

Here an example: https://gyazo.com/76060dbed1e9fb550fb8335c34606600

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Using sony vegas pro 14
CPU i5 4460
GPU GTX 1060
8 GB DDR3 ram
Sony vegas installed on C: / video's are stored on an external hard drive, however I've tested and this isn't an problem
Cuda and Nvidia drivers installed (latest)

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Weird issue: Sony vegas preview freezing after split.
on Jul 4, 2017 at 5:08:15 pm

Are you trying to "split" the event while it is playing back? Is that when it freezes?

Return to posts index

thomas steen
on Jul 4, 2017 at 7:43:53 pm

It freezes when playing back the footage after I've split it.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 5, 2017 at 3:36:27 am

Weird. Does this happen with all types of media, or just on some specific media?

Return to posts index

thomas steen
on Jul 5, 2017 at 2:03:32 pm

Happens to all screen recording footage

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 5, 2017 at 11:26:50 pm

I suspect your screen capture software is creating files that Vegas does not like and this might be the problem .. otherwise, I have never seen where splitting an event causes Vegas to freeze.

I use Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 for Screen capture and the files are fine in Vegas. But I don't do much screen capture.

Start a thread on best screen capture software for editing with Vegas. Might get some suggestions.

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jul 7, 2017 at 3:24:56 pm

Vegas always has trouble playing footage back, no matter what kind of computer I had, Apple, Windows, all version of it just cannot play the timeline back 100% smoothly in pretty much any case in my experience, I NEVER play footage back in "Best" quality as it just glitches like crazy like yours, I don't even question it anymore I just have it always on "preview" quality, and even then I still get lags like you do and I will have to just keep playing it over and over again until it starts to play back smoothly.

I even had Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro and I remember those programs never lagged while playing video back, I remember it being smooth and perfect all the time, I guess Vegas lacks in this area from how it was built

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]