FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to cycle clips through trimmer?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Gunn
Is it possible to cycle clips through trimmer?
on Jul 3, 2017 at 6:23:47 pm

Can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is there any shortcut (keyboard or otherwise) that would allow me to rifle thru my media, loading each clip into the trimmer one after the other? Load initial clip, then [shortcut] loads next clip and so on. In other words, after trimming clip 01, can I invoke a shortcut to immediately load clip 02 (i.e., the next clip in the project or bin) into the trimmer. Certain projects seem to warrant trimming all media first, then constructing the timeline, as opposed to my normal (guerrilla) mode of trimming on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Is it possible to cycle clips through trimmer?
on Jul 3, 2017 at 6:49:24 pm

Do not know if I have understood correctly.

But you can highlight all your clips and open them in Trimmer and then select each clip from the dropdown list.

Return to posts index

Brian Gunn
on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:19:55 pm

Interesting. I did not know that. Well....it's better than nothing. I'll give that a shot and see how I fare. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 3, 2017 at 6:53:19 pm

No short cut that I know about.

But you can right click on media in the project media or the explorer window and use "open in trimmer" to load the media into the trimmer (without closing the trimmer) and the media in the trimmer will be replaced.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 3, 2017 at 6:54:31 pm
Last Edited By Paul Berk on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:22:55 pm

Ole suggestion seems the way to go.

Return to posts index

Brian Gunn
on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:18:57 pm

Thanks Paul, but was hoping for a tad more automation than simply making a menu selection (which is what I do now). To split hairs...while you CAN make a menu selection, that particular choice has no associated shortcut key, and if I'm not mistaken, the menu it's the only place to choose that particular function (open in trimmer).

Like everyone else, I'm always looking to streamline my workflow by reducing the amount of steps - especially when one repeats those steps 100 times in a row ;-)

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:39:24 pm

I hear ya ... no shortcut that I could find to replace a media event in the trimmer with the "next" one in sequence.

Two other ways .. Drag your media into the open trimmer window. It will replace the media that is currently in there. You can drag the media from the project window or the explorer window. Could be the fastest way.

Or .. (from Vegas help) You can automatically load a file into the Trimmer window by selecting the Double-click on media file loads into Trimmer instead of tracks check box on the General tab in the Preferences dialog. When this check box is selected, no events are created when you double-click a media file in the Vegas Pro Explorer, Media Manager, or Project Media window. Instead, the Trimmer is displayed to allow you to choose the portion of the file you want to use.

The last suggestion might be the best but I have not tried them.

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Jul 15, 2017 at 6:43:47 am

If it helps you can automate a keystroke to open in trimmer from the timeline. Options>Customize Keyboard (search trimmer) Trackview.Event.OpenInTrimmer. I hope that helps. Thanks!

DavidEon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]