FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - x264 filenaming via Batch Render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Hřebík
Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - x264 filenaming via Batch Render
on Jun 27, 2017 at 1:36:42 pm

Hello. I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 and I render using x264 codec.

The x264 output is actually in "Render As" option under Video for Windows (.avi) settings where I can set up x264 codec, and there I specify output destination and filename for the rendered video.

When I render using this, it output 2 different files - the first one is .avi and the second one .mkv, while the .avi file is just blank file that is few kbs in size, but the .mkv file is the video file I need (without audio, but I render that separatedly and just mux it into video via different software, but thats not the problem here).

So, I have like 25 different videos in my project that I want to render separatedly, so I select regions and use Batch render, choose my x264 render profile (which is under Video for Windows (.avi) profile) and render that.

The Output is:

.avi video (blank video, few kbs in size) and it have always different name for each rendered region (so for example video[1].avi, video[2].avi etc...)
.mkv video (this is the video file that I'm looking for, there is the rendered video region) and this DONT have different name for each region, it always name it with the same name that I set in the settings of x264 codec, so in my case its called movie.mkv and it always output it like that, so it always rewrite it with the latest one.

So output of region 1:

video[1].avi
movie.mkv

Output of region 2:

video[2].avi
movie.mkv (previous one was rewritten with this one).

Region 3:

video[3].avi
movie.mkv (rewritten)

etc.....

My question is, is there some x264 command for filename naming? So it always name it slightly differently than the previous one? So it adds some number at the end of filename or something like that?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]