FORUMS: list search recent posts

titles flutter on render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonya Lehman
titles flutter on render
on Jun 19, 2017 at 3:59:08 pm

Hello,

Simple titles flutter on render. Please help!

Sony Vegas Pro 13, using the text found in Media Generator.

I have four text video tracks stacked on my timeline so the titles show up in different spots on the screen in order, and all stay on the screen until the end. 15 seconds total.

Yet the text does not stay solid, but blink in and out. All four blink independently, and in a different manner each time I render into .mp4.

I've attached an image of Sony Vegas. A 10 second video is here https://goo.gl/photos/aMyMHwMTb9oh7asTA

Thank you!

Tonya Lehman
Independent Filmmaker

Return to posts index

Tonya Lehman
Re: titles flutter on render
on Jun 19, 2017 at 4:02:04 pm

Tonya Lehman
Independent Filmmaker

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 19, 2017 at 6:13:18 pm

I can see you've extended the length of each Text Event. As a result you may have inadvertently introduced/added "flutter" as a result. There are reasons for this. I would reset all those text events to the lengths. Just to doubly check this use the "Render to a New Track" tool or do a RAM Build.

Bottom line here you shouldn't be getting this. I'm sure we'll get a solution.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Tonya Lehman
on Jun 19, 2017 at 7:37:50 pm

Thank you Graham,

Resetting the text lengths did not remove the flutter.

I did the "Render to a new track" tool, and that worked. Success!

Is there something inherently wrong for the flutter to happen in the first place? The 'render to a new track' tool seems like a work-around.

Tonya Lehman
Independent Filmmaker

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 19, 2017 at 7:53:41 pm

[Tonya Lehman] "The 'render to a new track' tool seems like a work-around."
Yes, I can't disagree. Please identify the template for the render to New Track is using. Now, compare that to your Render template that gives you the flutter.

Interesting.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:21:18 pm

Assuming your source video media matches your project settings, you might try and disable re-sample/smart re-sample on the video layers. Then do a test render or ram preview.

You may want to do a test where you convert your source video media to an intermediate format like Cineform.avi. or XAVC-Intra. Just to see if your flutter goes away.

If your source media is not a constant frame rate, or is interlaced, Vegas might be having a hard time making those adjustments to Progressive on the fly. That might explain why the render to new track works.

Some low end video cameras made by Canon will shoot in a "Progressive Format" by buffering frames, then recording to media in an interlaced video file. This produces all sorts of odd problems during playback. "Media Info" can help verify your media is interlaced or progressive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]