FORUMS: list search recent posts

What does this blurriness relate to? i.e. frame rate, bit rate, render quality?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
What does this blurriness relate to? i.e. frame rate, bit rate, render quality?
on Jun 8, 2017 at 2:46:58 am

I want to render an ntsc dvd into a format that dvd architect will accept. 'Accept' might not be the right word, it 'accepts' mp4's but when i go to make the actual dvd from architect I have all sorts of problems and I find that putting someting into mpeg pal before dropping into architect is the least problematic way.
so, i've tried 'render as' into mpeg2 using svp13, i've tried the vasst app script 'prepare dvd' and chosen the pal settings.
I always get this blurriness with movement and I sometimes get a synching issue with the sound where it's about a couple of seconds out. It's not usually straight away but part way through, I suspect when one vob file meets another, and the sound becomes out of sync.

Is this a framerate issue? I'm choosing pal so it's going from 29.xxx to 25. i'm using all generic settings, just a straight swap from ntsc to pal.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: What does this blurriness relate to? i.e. frame rate, bit rate, render quality?
on Jun 8, 2017 at 5:39:16 am

Ouch!

If you look real close, you can also/still notice what appears to be the Interlace artefacts from residual interlace footage that were apparent from the get-go. Yup, it's a mess. I think you need to retrace your steps and somewhere consider creating a DI from the best footage you have available. Then possibly proceed to making a deintelaced version. Then from there using the old method of adjusting frame rates.

My thoughts on the blurring? It's a result of Vegas wanting to help you by applying Motion Blur.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
Re: What does this blurriness relate to? i.e. frame rate, bit rate, render quality?
on Jun 8, 2017 at 7:51:06 am

You say you want to make a NTSC DVD and then indicate you are converting your NTSC into PAL then dropping that into DVDA where presumably you are converting back to NTSC? That's two framerate conversions and two pixel size conversions. If this is correct then I'm not surprised it's a mess.

Suggest you give details of your source material and exactly what you are trying to achieve as I'm sure someone can help you with a more preferable workflow.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 8, 2017 at 8:02:40 am

[Eric Clinch] "You say you want to make a NTSC DVD "
Eric, our friend already has the NTSC DVD. I'm understanding there's a need to convert into PAL DVD.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 8, 2017 at 8:20:53 am

Amanda, you could try popping the DVD into the tray and within Vegas import it and see what happens. There are other free or cheap NTSC to PAL options. I've used COPY DVD software and I can elect to what output I need.

I'm sure we all can assist with a solution.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Jun 8, 2017 at 9:58:42 am

Ok thanks Grazie. I got confused by the post.

I wonder if converting is the best choice anyway. If the need is to create a disk that PAL DVD users can play then why bother. Us in PAL land can play NTSC discs on our DVD players. It's been that way since as long as I can remember. But in the US my understanding is that until recently NTSC players couldn't play PAL.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 8, 2017 at 10:34:49 am

[Eric Clinch] "Us in PAL land can play NTSC discs on our DVD players."
Excellent point Eric. Let's see what Amanda says.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]