FORUMS: list search recent posts

Logo pic keeps loading in the timeline at full screen size no matter how small I make the file

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Zimmermann
Logo pic keeps loading in the timeline at full screen size no matter how small I make the file
on Jun 5, 2017 at 5:15:32 am

I have a logo pic that is taking up way too much real estate on my project. Using Photoshop I have resized the pic at smaller and smaller versions until now I have one at 100px x 64px. BUT, no matter what size pic of the logo I use, they all come into the timeline at the same size. That s full screen and way to big for my needs.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Logo pic keeps loading in the timeline at full screen size no matter how small I make the file
on Jun 5, 2017 at 6:40:20 am

[Todd Zimmermann] " BUT, no matter what size pic of the logo I use, they all come into the timeline at the same size. That s full screen and way to big for my needs."
This is what I do. GO back to PS and create a 16x9 PLATE - even save it as your Template if you want - and drop your tiny logo into that and export as a PNG:

You got this:

And you want this:

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
Re: Logo pic keeps loading in the timeline at full screen size no matter how small I make the file
on Jun 5, 2017 at 7:37:03 am

Thanks, Grazie,

I tried that and your suggestion and it made sense. But it still didn't work for me. It still looks exactly the same. Its like VP has that image stuck in its memory or in its cache and it keeps pulling up the image from cache. After loading the image onto the timeline I right clicked on the new image on the timeline to check the file name to make sure it was showing the correct file name and it is. That .png file didn't exist until until a few minutes ago. I got it from VP explorer. After I refreshed VP explorer it showed the new png file. I right clicked the png file and told it to add the file to the project media. I went back to project media, added the file from project media to my timeline and the same huge image showed up again. And right before I started this message I shut down VP and restarted it. Same result. I even rebooted my entire PC a couple hours ago to see if that might be the problem. It didn't. Same result every time.

Any other suggestetions?
Do you think there might be anything to cache theory?

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 7:44:20 am

Do screen-grabs of what you DO have.

This is all working for me.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 5, 2017 at 8:37:33 am

I'll get you screen shots right away. Why didn't think of that. A pic is worth 1000 words.

BTW, how do you do screen grabs? The only way I know I know how to do it is to do alt+prt sc, paste it into paint, save it a file and send the file as an attachment. Do you know of an easier method?

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 8:56:12 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "Do you know of an easier method?"
Sounds good to me.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 5, 2017 at 9:03:07 am

I'll try to put a short explanation with each pic the way you do.

This first one is from PS where I dropped the 100x64 pic onto a 16" x 9" inch transparent template.

This second one is VP before I dropped the logo onto the timeline. The highlighted png pic from the upper left pane is the one I'm going drop

Thsi last one is after I dropped the pic onto the time line

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 5, 2017 at 9:09:36 am

Did that work? Can you see my screen shots?

Also, did you see my post from about 10 hours ago where I posted that Vegas ProType Titler won't work for me? PTT keeps thrown a ,NET framework exception. I'd really like to take PTT for spin around the dance floor but I can't it to work. There are lots more details in my original post.

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 11:02:02 am

I'll reply here - do try and keep posts together.

I don't use PTT. I find it both clunky and unfinished as a titler. I've moved over to NewBlueTitlerPro5 Ultimate. It is on a different level.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 5, 2017 at 11:46:53 am

I checked out NBPT earlier today or was that yesterday. I really like what I saw. But from what could tell from my brief encounter with NBPT express which is what came with VP 14, the express version doesn't seem to allow me to edit or create new Title templates. At least not at first glance. Do you know if you can edit and create with the express version? Also it used a heck of a lot of my PC resources. Now if I can edit and create I can live with the high use of resources. I was trying to find a price for the full version. Couldn't find a price anywhere. I went to NewBlue's website and everything. Not a price to be found. It looks a several hundred dollar program. Man, that prog can do some wicked stuff. If I could find it around $100 I might give a shot and with your recommend that is all the more reason for me to give it second look.

1) Do you know if you can edit and create with the express version?

2) Do you any idea the full version of NBPT costs?

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 12:26:35 pm

[Todd Zimmermann] "1) Do you know if you can edit and create with the express version?"
Ask NB Support. Also ask NB for price.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 9:49:50 am

Why 16"x9"? Do not add the inch measurement, just 16x9. Please try that.....

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 5, 2017 at 10:17:24 am

I didn't add the inches. PS did that. Apparently PS requires a unit of measurement of some sort. They offer px, cm, inches, and others. What unit of measurement do you mean you say just use 16x9? A few minutes ago I tried 16px X 9 px which I didn't think would work. 16x9 px is smaller than than the 100px x 64 px logo. But I tried it anyway, Same result. Screen shots will be the same. Can you tell me how to make a 16x9 canvas without using a unit of measurement? I think I'm not quite getting what you're saying. I'm trying and I wont quit until I get it figured out. I;m a bull dog when it comes to a PC or a piece of software trying to hinder me from expressing what's in my head. You have been a great help to me along this video journey, Grazie. You have solved many issues along the way I want you to know I really appreciate your generosity.

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 10:39:00 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jun 5, 2017 at 10:45:02 am

I use, for a HD layout, 1920x1080 Pixels. This matches my HD format.

Here's mine:

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 5, 2017 at 11:13:53 am

I finally got it to work. With your last suggestion 1920x1080px transparent bg in PS dropped in my logo and it works. Now I know what to do. I figured PS would come into play here sooner or later. I can create whatever I want, place it where ever want in PS, save it as PNG, although I'm going to try it as JPG also, add that file to VP and I'm off and running. I think this will help me tremendously with my YouTube channel art too. YT channel art is a pain on its own. But add PS, which I've been using for years, but also no for about about 5 years due to my brain injury, into the mix and the sky's the limit. Its all coming back to me now and it feels sooo good to be creative music, and now video, again.

Thanks, Buddy

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 5, 2017 at 11:27:48 am

[Todd Zimmermann] " I can create whatever I want, place it where ever want in PS, save it as PNG, although I'm going to try it as JPG also, add that file to VP and I'm off and running."
Don't forget, PNGs support the ALPHA transparent channel BG - JPGs wont.

Glad you got there.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]