FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I change media generators

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Zimmermann
How can I change media generators
on Jun 4, 2017 at 1:02:05 am

I'm starting the title process of one my songs. I started with standard Sony Text and Title generator. It was quite easy but it would not do quite what I wanted in terms of a very cool, raised looking block with beveling and backlight and shadows and what not. So I thought I'd give their pro titler a whirl. I tried to get rid of the regular already generated media is text but I couldn't see where to remove it. I still can't. Can anyone help me there? I would think that if Vegas lets you put something into your project they should let you take it out as well, and i"m pretty sure I can. Just as of yet I have not been able to figure it out yet.

So I figured I'd just fire up the pro titler and start playing. But once inside pro titler every time even move my mouse it throws a ,net framework exception and I can't even get out of the protitle titler. I can move my mouse enough to close error dialog box but when I move my mouse to the upper left X box to close the pro titler it throws the expection agian so I am essentially stuck in a loop. The ONLY way I have to get out of pro titler is to go to Windows task manager and end the Vegas process. I'm sure glad I saved my work first.

I'm suspecting one of two things. The first is obvious: a bug. The second thing I'm thinking is that VP doesn't like two titlers running at the same time on the same text. That is why I'm anxious get rid of the old text and its generated media, but I can't figure out to get rid of it. I'm sure its just tunnel vision but anyway for now I'm trying to take a run at Sony Pro title a text generator.

So to sum my questions up:
1) How to do I remove a media generator from my project?

2) Does VP not like my using two different media generators on the same text

3) If VP does allow two generators one text, mine doesn't so is there a bug?

Thanks folks

Todd

VP14 build 252 64 bit

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How can I change media generators
on Jun 4, 2017 at 2:16:52 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "So to sum my questions up:
1) How to do I remove a media generator from my project?
2) Does VP not like my using two different media generators on the same text
3) If VP does allow two generators one text, mine doesn't so is there a bug?"
1) To remove from Timeline, Highlight Text Event and hit Delete. To remove from Project, highlight in Project Media hit delete.
2) How did you do that?
3) Need answer to 2) above.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 4, 2017 at 2:37:58 am

1) In response to your first answer. Perhaps I'm confused. Is there a difference between a text event and a text generator. I tried right clicking on the media gen icon on the timeline. I chose the delete option and the whole event got deleted. That did the job but then I had to start over from scratch. I was hoping to avoid that. But maybe that's the way VP text generated events. I was trying to go into the generator itself find an option to delete. I think I'm starting to understand now. But any further clarification would really help me to connect the dots,

2 Inside the generator where the title of the generator appears, "Sony Title and Text Generator" I saw a + sign just to the left of the title. I clicked on it and it brought up the choose generator dialog box with all the generators listed. I chose Sony Pro Title and Text Generator and viola, it was up on the screen. But as I said every time I moved my mouse it threw the .dot net exception. That is how I did that.

Thanks for your help, Grazie, now and in the past,

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 4, 2017 at 3:50:21 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "Is there a difference between a text event and a text generator."
Maybe this will help you. From the VP Glossary of Terms:
"An event is an occurrence of a media file on the timeline."
So, ANYTHING that appears on the Timeline is an EVENT. And an Event can be:
  • Video
  • Audio
  • Generated Media: Text; Solid Colours; Graduated Generated Media
  • Stills
So a Text Event, rather than a Video or Audio or Still event, will be created from a Generated Media, but is an Event. OK?
[Todd Zimmermann] " I tried right clicking on the media gen icon on the timeline. I chose the delete option and the whole event got deleted. That did the job but then I had to start over from scratch. I was hoping to avoid that."
I don't understand? What is "media gen icon on the timeline" - show me? Also you said you wanted to delete this from your Project. I showed you how. What is it you would prefer to happen?
[Todd Zimmermann] " Inside the generator where the title of the generator appears, "Sony Title and Text Generator" I saw a + sign just to the left of the title. I clicked on it and it brought up the choose generator dialog box with all the generators listed. I chose Sony Pro Title and Text Generator and viola, it was up on the screen. But as I said every time I moved my mouse it threw the .dot net exception. That is how I did that."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are working in MAGIX VP14 build 252 64 bit? I'm not seeing "SONY" anything? Please display a screengrab here. Odd....

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 4, 2017 at 4:13:33 am

That helps but the dots still aren't connecting. When you say, "To remove from Timeline, Highlight Text Event and hit Delete" I think you mean click on the event, not the Media Generator, or the FX or the pan/crop icons contained in the event, Yes? Then when you hit delete the entire event gets deleted and you have start a new event from scratch using the new media generator which in my case happens to be I want to play Sony Pro Title and text generator. Do I have it right now?

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 4, 2017 at 4:31:09 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "When you say, "To remove from Timeline, Highlight Text Event and hit Delete" I think you mean click on the event, not the Media Generator, or the FX or the pan/crop icons contained in the event, Yes? "
If you have a Media Generator: Text; Solid Colour; etc . . on the Timeline it is an Event. Selecting by clicking on that Event you can delete it, yes. What are you having difficulty with?

Where do you see "SONY"?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 4, 2017 at 4:50:38 am

I'm sorry. it is Vegas Pro Titler. I think I 've got it now. Thanks for your help

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 4, 2017 at 4:52:46 am

You're very welcome.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]