FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I select an envelope to delete it

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Zimmermann
How do I select an envelope to delete it
on Jun 2, 2017 at 6:28:02 pm

I've got the envelope selection tool selected, I can see the envelope, but i can't seem to select it. I've followed VP's help. I can see everything that I want to do with the envelope ie cut, copy paste delete etc but they're all greyed out because nothing is selected. How do I select an envelope to edit or delete it? It's probably a no brainer and I'll go, :Duh" but.... I can't seem to figure it out.

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
Re: How do I select an envelope to delete it
on Jun 2, 2017 at 9:30:18 pm

Right click track; unselect envelope you wish to remove.

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Jun 2, 2017 at 9:34:38 pm

I'm most familiar with the volume and velocity envelopes which operate pretty differently. Most envelopes you would add/delete in the Insert menu, although I just use Shift+V, but something like velocity is on a per-clip basis so you right-click that clip and go to insert/remove envelope. To add keyframes just hold shift and click on the envelope, then drag it around to tweak it (hold Ctrl while doing that to adjust it in smaller increments.)

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 2, 2017 at 9:51:39 pm

Thanks for your help but that didn't work for me. I've done what you said and it just about exactly what vegas help said. It looks like it should work. I can see the options you and vegas help talk about ie cut, copy, paste, etc but they are greyed out because I don't have an envelope selected. Once I can get something selected I can take it from there.

How I SELECT an envelope?

As the help says, "first SELECT the evelope then ....." But it doesn't say how to select it.

Again thanks for your help. This is a wonderful and knowledgeable community.

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Jun 3, 2017 at 12:30:35 am

Dave Turnidge gave you the answer above. But actually when you are in Envelope Tool mode and you right click on the track anywhere on the timeline the option (in MS, and presumably the same in Pro) is Insert/Remove Envelope. So you are not deleting but removing. Also the "selecting" doesn't actually produce a visible selected or highlighted area. Somewhat confusing.

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 3, 2017 at 1:41:00 am

I've right clicked that insert/remove envelopes so many times. I've tired selecting and selecting both velocity and fade. It doesn't seem to do anything. And confusing? Vegas is famous for that in their "help" files. But I figured out a way around it. Both tracks where I wanted to remove the fade are on a title one track that runs through the entire song. The other track is my band's logo which also runs the entire song. So I just deleted those tracks and redid them w/o the fades. That's what I get for trying to do something and the right way. Oh well.

Thank y'all for your input.

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]