FORUMS: list search recent posts

Performed system restore on laptop, now overheating only when running Sony Vegas (fine otherwise)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Pace
Performed system restore on laptop, now overheating only when running Sony Vegas (fine otherwise)
on May 30, 2017 at 2:46:51 am

I didn't have this problem before the system reboot. I don't know if it's because the weather is getting warmer, so the ambient temperatures are affecting my system when it tries to run something as high-end as Vegas, or if it has something to do with the reboot itself, but it's very frustrating.

I've had problems with this laptop overheating for years, but what's most frustrating is that Vegas was actually one program I never had to worry about in this context. Now, if I so much as open a blank project and minimize everything (which is only Vegas, Windows Explorer, and Task Manager), the system will overheat and shut itself off in a matter of 15-20 minutes.

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Performed system restore on laptop, now overheating only when running Sony Vegas (fine otherwise)
on May 30, 2017 at 7:31:08 am

I have a similar problem with another program. When I took the Laptop apart the little cooling grills that the fan blows though was completely clog.. mainly because I use it on my lap and it such in any small bits of fluff like a vacuum cleaner.

I initially checked the air flow by putting my mouth against the air outlet grill on the outside of the laptop and blew hard. A large cloud of fluff came out the Intake area underneath the laptop.. I am not actually recommending you do this but it is a quick check,,,,,,

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Performed system restore on laptop, now overheating only when running Sony Vegas (fine otherwise)
on May 30, 2017 at 9:57:48 am

[Raymond Pace] "the system will overheat and shut itself off in a matter of 15-20 minutes"

Does this only occur when it is on battery power?

Apart from blowing out the dust bunnies as suggested above, you might want to check out the following:

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/set-the-system-cooling-policy/

My system specs: Intel i7 7700k 4.20 GHz, GTX570, 16GB RAM, Gigabye Z170 HD3, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 10 x64 Pro, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Tyson Onaga
on May 30, 2017 at 4:19:36 pm

I've had "hot" laptops and tried those laptop pads with usb powered fans. I've found this to be far superior:

https://www.amazon.com/LC05-Cooling-Auto-Temp-Detection-Compatible/dp/B00XK...

Rather than blowing air on the laptop, this unit pulls the warm air out of the laptop.
There are two modes: Auto-sense or Manual and 10 speed settings.
On Hi (Auto-sense of Manual), it is rather loud but you can feel the air being pulled out of the laptop.

Best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]