Loud track quiet track, same clip

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick White
Loud track quiet track, same clip
on May 29, 2017 at 1:58:04 am
Last Edited By Nick White on May 29, 2017 at 12:14:12 pm

Studio Plat 12 64 bit. Win 7

Just trying stuff out. I have one video stream and one stereo audio track, this on a track called Voice. Vegas has added a Music audio track. The strange thing is that if I move the audio clip from the Voice track to the Music track it increases _significantly_ in volume. The tracks are set up identically, just as they popped up automatically.

I had an amplitude envelope on the Voice track, but I removed that and it is still quieter.

What I have done is export a copy (as in I actually copied and pasted the track from Voice into Music, then edited that copy...that's another post) of the audio track to Audacity, to normalise it. The audio I am using is the normalised copy. So I deleted the original audio and now I get this huge difference in level when I move the new, normalised copy.

Help? I am confused.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Loud track quiet track, same clip
on May 29, 2017 at 3:59:38 pm

I don't believe that Movie Studio does anything special with the Voice track over the Music track but you can always add more tracks (up to10 audio tracks I think). Just create a new audio track and delete the one that is misbehaving.

Also you can Normalize right in Movie Studio by right-clicking on a clip and opening the Properties and checking the Normalize checkbox. No need to use Audacity for this.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Nick White
Re: Loud track quiet track, same clip
on May 31, 2017 at 2:37:01 am

OK. The track is not really a problem.Just completely confused about what is happening. In fact I just opened the project and it's not doing the volume change any more!

I did not know about Normalise (Vegas seriously needs a menu makeover IMO), but I prefer to use an external editor. Audacity is so much more powerful and customisable.

Nick
Head: Hertz Music

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]