FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI sound error

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marissa Williams
AVI sound error
on May 27, 2017 at 9:55:26 pm

I've used different versions of Vegas in the past, but right now I'm using SV13.

When I place an .avi file on the track, it wont play that files audio. It somehow syncs and combined whatever audio track is already in the project, so I'll ahve overlapping sound, when it should be just the one video file.

I've resorted to converting the .avi file to .mp3 and syncing that with the avi video track, but it gets to be a pain.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: AVI sound error
on May 28, 2017 at 2:28:54 am

Unless I'm missing something, if you want to play just the audio from the avi file, you need to first mute the other tracks.

wwaag

Return to posts index

marissa Williams
on May 29, 2017 at 3:10:01 am

It's not that I lay them on top of each on different tracks. But if at first I have a 3 minute mp3 file in, and then I import an hour long avi, for example, the avi audio will be nothing but that three minute mp3 on repeat, with bits of the actual avi audio playing through.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 30, 2017 at 5:13:58 pm

Thats odd. You tried adjusting the audio settings in the Vegas "Preferences"?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

marissa Williams
on May 30, 2017 at 8:51:00 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure what I would change. I'm not that Vegas Pro savvy. But I've used avi in older versions and its worked fine. I didn't change any settings or preferences though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]