FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics card recommended for sony vegas pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon Gomez
Graphics card recommended for sony vegas pro 13
on May 27, 2017 at 3:39:02 pm

I'm trying to render 4k videos to put on my youtube channel. I recently read on this forum that AMD's OpenCL gives faster rendering times compared to Nvidia's CUDA. I'm looking for an AMD graphics card that can help me render in 4k. I have an xfx 7700 but my computer beeps 6 times when I plug it in and the computer cannot see it.
My Build: z800 workstation
Dual Xeon e5-2650 cpu's
52GB of ddr3 ram
Nvidia Quadro 2000( because the xfx 7700 amd gpu isn't being seen)

Can someone help me find a cheap amd gpu so that I can render in 4k, please?

***p.s. Can you explain to me how gpu or cpu rendering would be better depending on my computer? I don't really understand why I would need a gpu for rendering if my dual xeon's would be faster. If my cpu's are faster at rendering than the gpu, then shouldn't I just keep using my quadro 2000 so that I can see the video preview? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Graphics card recommended for sony vegas pro 13
on May 28, 2017 at 1:15:57 pm

Hi Ramon

In order for your computer to see your XFX 7700 you will have to go to your BIOS and change the UEFI to Legacy mode.

It should get your Z800 to recognize your Graphics Card.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Ramon Gomez
on May 28, 2017 at 2:58:12 pm

Thank you!!!!

Return to posts index

Mark Joseph Pinlac
on Aug 16, 2017 at 3:20:01 am

Hi,

Good day, any laptop you can recommend that can use for sony vegas? I'm trying to look for one that has a powerful Amd GPU but have no luck...

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks!

Mark Pinlac

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 16, 2017 at 7:11:37 am

Xeon e5-2650 = 240 GFLOPs

XFX7770 = 1280 GFLOPs - Why would you not want to use this additional computation ability?

The GPU will help speed up timeline calculations and keep the render encoder fed. Certain project modes and codecs will also use the GPU+CPU hybrid to crunch frames and effects during playback. This will allow for higher sustained FPS with effects applied.

If all you are doing is rendering AVC with little or no effects, you will not see the GPU being used much. If you have several layers of compositing, work in 32-bit Float mode, or use effects like rays or blurs you will see render times improved.

Not using your GPU in Vegas is like walking across town vs driving. You car does specifically what you need very well.

There are no "good laptops" for editing. You give up serious speed and computational abilities due to a system designed for low power consumption.

Return to posts index

Mark Joseph Pinlac
on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:13:32 pm

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for this, I got so many things to learn ahead. This is a great help! ☺

Cheers,

Mark Pinlac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]