FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two separate text tracks somehow got merged in into one track as channels A and B

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Zimmermann
Two separate text tracks somehow got merged in into one track as channels A and B
on May 18, 2017 at 8:06:15 pm

I am putting video to some of my songs for upload to YouTube. I want an need two test tracks unless there's another way to make Vegas Pro 14 do want it to. I've got a still of my album cover as one track, the .mpg file as the audio track. I want and set up one track to display the band name and the title of the song. All three of those tracks run the entire length of the song. So far so good. Then I set up an additional text track to display the changing lyrics as the song plays. But some how thos two text tracks got merged into one track as an A and B channel. I can't figure out how to separate them or what caused so I might prevent this in the future. It is very disconcerting and time consuming as I find on playback words popping up in the video that aren't supposed to be there. Then if I zoom in really small and pause the playback right at the offending culprit I find the stray cat on the B channel when I thought I put that text on A channel. It's really using up too much time to track down what should be simple straight forward thing.

Any suggestions you wonderful people might have?

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Two separate text tracks somehow got merged in into one track as channels A and B
on May 18, 2017 at 10:30:04 pm

From Vegas help:

Right-click the track header and choose Expand Track Layers to expand a video track to reveal three subtracks within the main track: the A roll, B roll, and transition roll. In this view, sequential clips alternate between the A and B rolls, and the overlapping area between events is represented by the transition roll.

Choose the command again to collapse the track layers.

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
Re: Two separate text tracks somehow got merged in into one track as channels A and B
on May 18, 2017 at 11:39:13 pm

Thanks, Paul,

That worked for me. If I may, I'd like to add this sub-topic. The reason I'm using two separate text tracks, I described above. One track is for band name and song title which will run throughout the entire song. The other text track is for lyrics which, obviously change from verse to verse. Right now I'm using Vegas titler and text plug in. O have NewBlu Pro title and text. I didn't think it necessary to learn a new plugin for simple text. But I may be wrong. If so please enlighten me.

Is there a better/easier way to do what I'm trying to accomplish? And I'm asking anyone who cares to respond

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on May 19, 2017 at 4:14:33 pm

>> Is there a better/easier way to do what I'm trying to accomplish?

If I understand what you are doing, seems like you are doing things as easily as they can be done. I don't think NewBlue is needed but it would give you a chance to learn it and see how you like it.

Remember you can copy and paste events. That includes text events. You can also save presets using Titles and Text. Those things might speed things up as far as formatting your text "lyrics".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]