FORUMS: list search recent posts

Improved Pan Crop Plugin / Alternative?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frankie Jones
Improved Pan Crop Plugin / Alternative?
on May 14, 2017 at 8:43:54 pm

Hey,
Has anybody created or is there a way to move pictures etc. directly in the preview window as you can with text?

Honestly the pan crop tool unless I am missing something is just gawd awful to use if something need moving every few frames precisely.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Improved Pan Crop Plugin / Alternative?
on May 15, 2017 at 4:24:12 am

It definitely can be used to move things precisely.
You need to find the zoom controls both along time axis and X/Y and learning how keyframes work.
The same applies to track motion, which gives another way of moving possibilities.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 15, 2017 at 6:10:19 am

[Frankie Jones] "Has anybody created or is there a way to move pictures etc. directly in the preview window as you can with text?"
Like that TEXT element? Then NO. I'm fearing that you have acquired the understanding that VP can identify separate elements/items within the Preview and move them independently? If so, then most certainly NO. If you have the items separately, singled-out as Events then you stand a chance. My feedback? You're going to need to fundamentally rethink your Vegas Pro work flow for your needs.

[Frankie Jones] "Honestly the pan crop tool unless I am missing something is just gawd awful to use if something need moving every few frames precisely."
Pan/Crop is a great tool. However if you want to have something that doesn't require you to make the masses amount of Frame-by-Frame changes then you'd need some "other" Tracking software that can latch onto a shape.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Frankie Jones
on May 15, 2017 at 2:15:24 pm

Moving in the pan/crop window rather than directly in the preview as you can in premiere pro is not as efficient. It's like saying drawing on a Intuos instead of a Cintiq is as intuitive, it isnt, especially since everything is inverted in pancrop.

If text can be moved directly in the preview, why can other elements not do the same, what is different about text?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 15, 2017 at 2:29:21 pm

[Frankie Jones] "Moving in the pan/crop window rather than directly in the preview as you can in premiere pro is not as efficient."
Indeed.
[Frankie Jones] "It's like saying drawing on a Intuos instead of a Cintiq is as intuitive, it isnt, especially since everything is inverted in pancrop."
And again, you need the tool for the job. Pan/Crop is great for what it's meant for.

The Text Event, you've chosen to use, just happens to allow the User Preview manipulation. There are other Text Events you can't even do that! So, it's not that it's a Text Event, its ONLY available for that particular Text Control and NOT to do with it being solely Text.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 16, 2017 at 1:23:30 am

No, Vegas handles things a little bit differently.... Although this would be a great additional feature.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]