FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Attempts to Access the Network Repeatedly

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudio Goncalves
Sony Vegas Attempts to Access the Network Repeatedly
on May 11, 2017 at 11:05:57 pm

Hello
My firewall shows the sonyy vegas trying to connect on my own network every 10 seconds. I'm gonna explain.

My computer is connected to a network and has a static IP configured, for example:

The static ip of my PC is 192.168.10.121. My default gatway is 192.168.10.1 and
When I open Sony Vegas it tries to access my network ip of 192.168.10.255 every 10 seconds. The firewall information is:

Direction: Out
Protocol: UDP
Source Ip: 192.168.10.121 Source Port: 9763
Destination IP: 192.168.10.255 Destination Port: 9763

Why does this work with Sony Vegas? ... these access attempts occur every 10 seconds and my firewall log gets hundreds of repeated information because of this.

Thank's
Claudio

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Sony Vegas Attempts to Access the Network Repeatedly
on May 12, 2017 at 1:18:24 am

Hi Claudio

Try this and let me know if it helps:

In Vegas Pro, go to Options - Preferences - General Tab - and uncheck Use Net Notify... (AKA Use Neewsfeed...)

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Claudio Goncalves
on May 13, 2017 at 12:28:01 am

Hi Francois,
This configuration has been in my vegas for some time.
Thank's

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 12, 2017 at 1:05:36 pm

Or simply make an exception for Vegas in your firewall settings, so that there be no warning etc.
Which version of Vegas is that?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Claudio Goncalves
on May 13, 2017 at 12:28:38 am

Hi Steve
I already did that, but I wanted to know why the access happen!
Vegas Pro 14 64bits
Thank's

To better join our forces...just break better the bread!

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on May 12, 2017 at 4:19:07 pm

Is that Vegas checking to see if any other instances are running on other shared computers under the same license, so that it will shut down if you have the same license installed on too many pc's?

Return to posts index

Claudio Goncalves
on May 13, 2017 at 12:29:22 am

Hi David,
And is there a way to disable this check?

Thank's

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on May 13, 2017 at 1:16:06 am

Not legally...

Remember that creating and maintaining software is not free.

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Claudio Goncalves
on May 15, 2017 at 4:30:31 am

Francois,

My network is just to keep wireless signal and my home. And I will never use Vegas in a shared way. My question regarding access attempts is that they slow down the performance of the software on my PC, since memory resources are used for each access made.

Thnk's

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on May 16, 2017 at 12:42:33 am

Francois,

Please Do Not Forget that Magix also promised they would not be doing that last year when it was announced most SCS products would be going to MAGIX. A person from MAGIX, whom I cannot remember, also said that the software would only need to check once on the Internet to activate the software but constant internet access would not be needed.

I have been pretty much disappointed with MAGIX, their forum and their lack of faster support. The SCS software I have, I will continue to use and avoid MAGIX until they promise what they indicated.

Thanks,
Francois

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Claudio Goncalves
on May 16, 2017 at 5:43:23 am

Francois

I'm doing product reviews and this issue of repeated access irritates me a bit. The solution to block on the firewall without generating log, I do not consider it correct and I agree with you that this access should occur only once.

In my tests, maybe I'm wrong, sometimes the audio stutters and the software skin freezes on my PC screen. Freezing occurs when I open a plugin, for example, iZotope or Waves for more than 5 minutes... for these reasons I'm questioning the access, maybe they would be causing these audio performance issues and the screen freeze when I open plugins!

Strange as I have 8GB of RAM, video card Nvidia Gt8500 and I think this was not supposed to occur. I also checked that the software has difficulty executing GPU acceleration and scripts.

Some good points are higher quality upscalling for 4K resolution from material originally in HD and the POSSIBILITY to edit and render video on HEVC x265 (with the use of Intel codecs). In counterpart the rendering is very slow.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Burnette
on May 16, 2017 at 6:17:41 am

The .255 at the end means software is "broadcasting" on your local network, so maybe trying to contact some particular related program. The port number 9763 may be associated with quicktime streaming service. I saw a forum post that FCP is doing the same thing.

Return to posts index

Claudio Goncalves
on May 16, 2017 at 3:23:26 pm

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the informations. I even understand FCP to use the streaming service of Quicktime for being an Apple product, but what I do not understand is why third-party software needs to use the quicktime streaming service.

I've been talking to friends who use AAE, and they tell me that Adobe also needs QuickTime to be installed on the PC. Maybe it's because of .mov extensions, which also exists in Vegas.

I'm trying to find out the real cause of these access attempts in order to report a possible thread to Magix ... if Magix thinks this is really a problem.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]