FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD I burned with Sony Vegas Pro came out sideways?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Richards
DVD I burned with Sony Vegas Pro came out sideways?
on May 11, 2017 at 11:29:26 am

Hi, haven't been on the forum of late, because all was going well. I spent all day yesterday making a video using Vegas Pro 11 and it came out great, with a lot of fiddling. I played it back and all seemed well. So, I burned a dvd (mpeg2) using the render then burn method. Well, it took a long time but woke up with it all done.

So, I went to play it back and everything came out nice, but it is sideways, 90 degrees to the left, WHAT GIVES? How could this happen and what can I do to fix the error? Thanks for listening, will await your wisdom, thanks for listening, DR

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: DVD I burned with Sony Vegas Pro came out sideways?
on May 11, 2017 at 3:00:24 pm

Derek stop fiddling! I've always found that a DVD comes our sideways, from the DVD drawer. Always.

OK, joking aside, somewhere in the mix you've introduced a 90deg rotation. You've done a DVD directly from the TL? Yes? Do you think you've got your setting to do a POSTER or Display cabinet setting? This does produce Portrait. But I'm guessing you'd see that? Unless the selection was used in conjunction with the change Media to fit Render Settings?

Interesting.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Derek Richards
on May 11, 2017 at 6:27:05 pm

Well, just redid a portion and burned an mp4 with some help from a good source.....still came out sideways. Something is going on or wrong with Sony Vegas Pro. I mean I watch the whole video while it was rendering and before it was burned.

So, what gives, why would it be turned sideways? Please help asap as I have to get a copy to a relative who made the videos on his cellphone ( don't know why that would matter), anyway, HELP< hehe, DR

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 11, 2017 at 7:13:52 pm

Right, do a small DI (Digital Intermediary) say in SONY MXF. Use that as a DVD render to a DVDRW. Comeback with your results.

Tell me, on what and where are you viewing the DVD.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on May 12, 2017 at 4:24:19 am

If the videos were taken on a phone are they perhaps vertical?

Return to posts index

Richard Jones
on May 12, 2017 at 9:43:10 am

"What? I have no idea what you are talking about, what planet are you living on. Please don't reply, I will find out what went wrong or fix it myself. Wow, what a waste of time to come to this forum!"

That is so ungracious. Somebody was genuinely trying to help you and this is the way you thank them. Not good enough.

Richard

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on May 13, 2017 at 11:36:01 am

''Wow, what a waste of time to come to this forum!"

You are so right Derek. You have wasted some good people's time.

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]