FORUMS: list search recent posts

44Khz audio - will this work as soundtrack to video, or should it be 48Khz

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hart
44Khz audio - will this work as soundtrack to video, or should it be 48Khz
on May 7, 2017 at 8:24:48 am

I have some video, without sound, and I need to add a soundtack. The audio is in 44Khz format. Is it ok to use, or should it be in 48Khz format - I don't really understand the difference between the 2 in relation to video. If the video file I import to Vekas has no sound, and I import audio at 44Khz, and export it at 44Khz it should be ok?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: 44Khz audio - will this work as soundtrack to video, or should it be 48Khz
on May 7, 2017 at 1:54:25 pm

[Steve Hart] "The audio is in 44Khz format. Is it ok to use, or should it be in 48Khz format"
You can certainly use the 44.1K audio. Vegas Pro will do the conversion to 48K on the fly.
[Steve Hart] "I don't really understand the difference between the 2 in relation to video. "
It's all about standards. The standard audio sample rate for Digital Video, DVD, and Film is 48K. The standard audio sample rate for Music CDs is 44.1K. It's just about two different industries standardizing on 2 different sample rates.
[Steve Hart] "If the video file I import to Vekas has no sound, and I import audio at 44Khz, and export it at 44Khz it should be ok?"
No, you always want to output 48K because that is the standard for audio with digital video.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: 44Khz audio - will this work as soundtrack to video, or should it be 48Khz
on May 7, 2017 at 5:48:24 pm

I would add that you can use 44KHz with 48KHz just fine. If your project settings are 48KHz, vegas will auto convert the 44Khz media to the final output.

Audio KHz and bit depth (16-24) is much like video resolutions 720 vs 1080 or 4K. Issues can arise if you are doing highly technical work, but for general work most are doing on the forum there are no issues mixing audio rates in a project. If you are concerned about Vegas not handling this correctly, convert all your 44Khz media to 48Khz so that all project media conforms.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]