FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nothing else than 360p&720p on YouTube with the "MainConcept AVC/AAC" preset

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Ramírez
Nothing else than 360p&720p on YouTube with the "MainConcept AVC/AAC" preset
on May 1, 2017 at 3:07:11 pm

I'm not a professional video editor so I don't understand much about all this. Recently I wanted to switch from the "Sony AVC/MVC" preset after realizing it gives "bad" quality results, or at least not as good as many others do with Vegas, just because it's always CBR and apparently, the higher bitrate I set, the 'better' the quality will be, but I read in many threads here that it's not true, and YouTube will re-decode the video anyway, so the bitrates don't really matter at this point.

Now, using the "MainConcept AVC/AAC" preset I'm able to use VBR and even the 2-pass mode, but the problem comes when suddenly my videos stopped getting any other resolutions other than 360p and 720p (720p60 if rendered at 60 fps). It doesn't happen if rendering with Sony's preset. I don't really know what's going on because both presets render the same video at the same resolution, but one seems not to be liked by YouTube so it only has two available resolutions.

VEGAS Pro 14, build 201 (I prefer not to update to the latest versions as there were problems with Build 244, and I'm not sure whether I should skip it and install the Build 252 patch directly without breaking VEGAS).

I also noticed that this time it doesn't let me choose how I want to render the video (CPU/GPU), when VEGAS Pro 12/13 used to give me the choice.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Nothing else than 360p&720p on YouTube with the "MainConcept AVC/AAC" preset
on May 1, 2017 at 5:51:47 pm

I read the problems too, and did not upgrade to 244 because of it. I need a well working Vegas at any time ☺
However, upgraded to 252 and have no problems with it, I think you can safely upgrade too.
I feed youtube with 15Mbps fullHD mainconcept AVC, and have all the resolutions after a while. It takes some time for youtube to fully process the uploaded files. First I see only 360p too, but after 10 minutes or so, 720p appears, and short after that 1080p too.
There's the option "allow legacy GPU rendering" on the general settings tab. If you enable this, you'll have the GPU options shown on the render dialogs.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Alex Ramírez
Re: Nothing else than 360p&720p on YouTube with the "MainConcept AVC/AAC" preset
on May 1, 2017 at 8:34:06 pm

Thank you for the response, will consider updating in the future.

As for YouTube, I kept a video for a day and it didn't change at all, as expected. As you said, it may take a while to do a "post-process" process and display all the available resolutions and apply the 60 fps if available, but it used to take 3 minutes only, not a whole day. I'm pretty sure this new preset is what causes the problem. I'll try rendering a sample video using the "Sony AVC/MVC" preset and will check the results, posting them here later.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on May 2, 2017 at 5:07:21 am

You're welcome 😉
I think it depends on the length of the video too, but never experienced more than a hour to fully process...

In this thread
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1015129#1015182
you can find my render settings I use for youtube.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Alex Ramírez
on May 2, 2017 at 8:47:02 am

Nevermind, apparently the new sample video does show all the available resolutions. However, unlike the previous video, I rendered this one at 30 fps, while the other one at 60 (59,940, which you're not really able to by default as the preset is capped to 30 fps). Is there any way to render at 60 fps without 'forcing' it? Maybe that's what causes the problem.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on May 2, 2017 at 8:57:22 am

There's a hint somwhere about bitrate for youtube, now I don't get it.
It told something about minimum 10Mbps for 25(30)p fullHD.
50(60)p would require the double? Youtube may think a 60p video with a lower bitrate would mean lower quality, thus won't allow higher resolution. (This just my guess...)
In this thread
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1015129#1015182
you can find my render settings I use for youtube, it's for 25p.
If you need 60p, create a preset for it (with an according bitrate).
I'd try 25..30Mbps AVC for 60p.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]