FORUMS: list search recent posts

create dvd or blu ray that will allow user to advance to next video by clicking Next

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Silberlight
create dvd or blu ray that will allow user to advance to next video by clicking Next
on Apr 26, 2017 at 8:01:33 pm

Help! I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0. I would like to create a simple DVD and a simple Blu-ray with 4 videos. I created a marker for each of the 4. I named each of the 4 markers. My goal is to produce a DVD and a Blu-ray that will allow the user to advance to the next chapter by clicking the Next button. I went to Render and checked "Save Project Markers In Media File." I don't know what to do after that. One tutorial indicated that I have to check "Insert Chapter Points At Markers" when creating a Blu-ray. What do I do for a DVD? I've been doing my experimenting with DVDs because they are less expensive. I believe that what I want should be easy but I cannot figure it out. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Robert Strong
Re: create dvd or blu ray that will allow user to advance to next video by clicking Next
on Apr 27, 2017 at 3:31:38 am

You use DVD Architect, that comes with Vegas, to make that kind of disk. Search Youtube for a lesson on using DVD Architect.

Videographer, editor
Refrigerated water cooled PC i7- 6950X.
Win 7 64 bit, 32Gb DDR4, Nvidia GTX580.
Sony HVR-Z5U, HVR- V1U, HVR-A1U, HDR-HC3.
Canon MK2 5D, SX50HS, GoPro Hero2.
Nikon CoolPix P510

Return to posts index

Alan Silberlight
Re: create dvd or blu ray that will allow user to advance to next video by clicking Next
on Apr 27, 2017 at 11:44:49 am

Thank you for responding. I went to YouTube. The tutorials give so much information that I don't know what I should be looking at. My project is very simple. Four separate videos that total about 12 minutes. I want the user to be able to go to the next or the previous video by pressing the next or previous button on the remote control (or the next and previous button on the computer.) I understand that Vegas will not allow me to do this; however, I'm not having any success with DVD Architect. Is it possible to do this with Architect? I am stumped. Thank you again.

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Apr 27, 2017 at 3:14:19 pm

Alan, I understand what you're looking for.

Here's a link to a video (go straight to 12:25 on the timeline for your answer)

Return to posts index

Alan Silberlight
on Apr 27, 2017 at 6:08:55 pm

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much for the video. I was able to follow the steps. When I clicked preview, it did go to the next chapter. However, when I went to burn the disc I got the error message "Please insert a writable disc." I tried 2 blank discs. DVDA recognizes the discs as blank discs but I still get the error message. Then I changed the prepare/burn folder and I got error messages about a folder being orphaned and the sound and the video being compressed. And..the same error message that said "Please insert a writable disc."

Then I set out to make a DVD. I got the same error messages about a folder being orphaned and the video and the sound being compressed. However, I was able to make a successful DVD that did advance to the next chapter.

So...something is going wrong making the blu-ray. I don't know what to do. Thank you again. If you have any suggestions, I'll follow them.

Return to posts index

Alan Silberlight
on Apr 27, 2017 at 7:44:09 pm

I tried once again to make a blu-ray. I carefully followed the steps. The blu-ray was created but I get a black screen. Audio does play, though. This is the result with Power DVD. The VLC player does not play it at all. I'm bewildered

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Apr 27, 2017 at 10:43:53 pm

Try playing it on a Blu-ray player. PC 'Players' are inconsistent and unreliable for playing Blu-ray discs. At least that's my experience.

Return to posts index

Alan Silberlight
on Apr 29, 2017 at 11:46:25 am

First, I wish to thank everyone who responded. I am grateful. I indicated that I had received an error message that said that I had to insert a writable disk and that the disk that I was using was blank. My error. DVDA was set to make a DVD. I was using a blu-ray. Now I know to make the default blu-ray. Later on, I made a blu-ray that had sound, no video. I don't know why. However, I persisted and was able to make 2 successful blu-rays! I am thrilled! Thank you!

I still have questions and concerns. First of all, error messages. What do they mean? I'm attaching a snippet of the error messages.

Second, the video that Bruce wanted me to see was a lifesaver. I have watched it many times. The video suggests choosing AVC when we go to the Customize Template tab. However, I also see a choice of Blu-ray AVC. Should I be using that? What is the difference?

Also, when I wanted to create the 2nd blu-ray, the preview showed a still image, with correct sound. Vegas was not open. Once I opened Vegas at the same time everything was OK. Am I correct in assuming that Vegas must be open while DVDA is being used?

I decided to write down all the steps carefully. I am copying what I wrote. Please tell me if I have made any mistakes. Once again. Thank you so much.

Create blu-ray with chapter stops

Create folder for project.
Create folder named rendered files. Put in project folder.
Create folder named finished iso. Put in project folder.

Open Vegas. Save project before beginning to import media.
Open Properties window.
Choose this template: HD 1080-60i (1920x1080, 29.970 fps)
Video tab--Full resolution rendering quality—Chose best.
Audio Tab—resample and stretch quality—choose “best.”
Import Media.
Control +F12 pauses and plays video.
Trim video file by pressing letter “s.”
Click “m” at beginning of each video to create a marker.

To render:
Project>Render As
Click On More Filter Options
Check “Save project markers in rendered video file.”
Click on Video Templates Only.
Click On Sony AVC.
Scroll down to Blu-ray 1920 X 1080-60i, 16 Mbps Video Stream
Click Customized Template.
Make sure video template is AVC.
Click Automatic (recommended).

To render:
Project>Render As
Click On More Filter Options

Click on Audio Templates Only.
Click Dolby Digital (*.ac3)> Stereo DVD

Open DVD Architect.
File>New
Single Movie
Disc Format: Blu-Ray

Project Video Format: MPEG-2 (1920x1080-60i 16:9
Project Audio Format: PCM Stereo
Click on AVC file
Right click on Untitled
Insert Media
Click on ac3 file
Double click on both files in DVD Architect

Apparently keep Vegas open while DVD architect is open. DVD Architect is set to make blu-ray by default.

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Apr 30, 2017 at 3:40:10 pm

Alan, glad almost all worked out well.

"No," you shouldn't have to have Vegas Pro open in order to view and/or produce another copy of an authored video. My first suggestion is to go to YouTube and type/search for "how to create a Blu ray disk." First though, you should render your original video to Blu ray for optimum quality. You should be able to use that rendered video format to create a DVD in DVD Architect as well.

As for your "orphaned" music: I think you might have moved/deleted that particular audio track.

Instead of the above, you can create an ISO from the first copy of your authored Blu ray and make addition copies of Blu rays from that ISO file. A free software to use is Image Burn.

Let us know your outcome.

Return to posts index

Alan Silberlight
on Apr 30, 2017 at 4:03:06 pm

Thank you for responding. I hadn't moved or deleted anything so I'm a bit mystified as to why I got that message. And yes, I do make copies from the iso. I use Roxio. Thank you for telling me about ImageBurn, however.

Do you know the difference between AVC and Blu-ray AVC?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Alan Silberlight
on May 1, 2017 at 12:56:03 pm

I just tried to do a rendering using Blu-ray AVC instead of AVC. The preview in DVDA showed a still image. Sound was fine. I'll stick with AVC.

Thank you again, everybody.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]