FORUMS: list search recent posts

Producing long recordings for youtube upload with best encoding / file size

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Varas
Producing long recordings for youtube upload with best encoding / file size
on Apr 20, 2017 at 5:59:55 pm

Hey everybody.. I need some tips....

I have sony camcorder and I am recording 2 hour long videos of some conferences which I then need to edit and upload to YouTube. I need to develop a workflow to achieve the best encoding time / uploading time with acceptable quality.

Here are my questions :

1. My cam has a feature called "dual video rec" which creats an MP4 version of the video while it is being recorded (besides the main MTS video files). So, is there any advantage to edit using the MP4 versions ? I know they have lower bitrate, so the quality is lower, but is there any advantage in terms of encoding time / file size ?

2. I have tried some different render settings (mostly with MainConcept AV codec) but I can hardly go below 2.5x times the video length for the render time. That is, for 2 hours of video almost five hours of render time... it's more than I can tolerate... The projects are fairly simple, I know the more fades/transitions/and Fx I insert the more it will take... but given my current project I need to optimize rendering times without removing the few fades or the only video FX I inserted....

Ideas ?

Return to posts index

James Ollick
Re: Producing long recordings for youtube upload with best encoding / file size
on Apr 21, 2017 at 12:44:45 pm

I use the Internet HD preset to render my edited video from AVCHD 1920 x 1080/60p files with an animated logo in the beginning. Without any other effects it takes about the same time as the length of the video, sometimes a bit less. I have uploaded several to YouTube without issue. I have and older i7 and 12 gigs of ram and an older Radeon HD 6000 series video card.

James Ollick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]