FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thin Blue Line above tracks - what is it?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Spratt
Thin Blue Line above tracks - what is it?
on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:35:52 pm
Last Edited By Rob Spratt on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:38:03 pm

I have used Sony Vegas for years and have always been mystified by a horizontal thin blue line that sometimes appears above the tracks. I'm not talking about the horizontal thick blue "selection" line that I can use to select and render a portion of my video, I'm talking about a much thinner horizontal blue line which, if it appears at all, sits above where the thicker selection line would be. I've uploaded a pic to better show what I mean.

The mysterious line never seems to have hindered my projects at all and I mostly just ignore it. Sometimes it's there, mostly it's not. Its length varies. I don't know how I make it appear and how I get rid of it. I don't know what it means or what it's for. Can anyone explain please? I've searched Google high and low on numerous occasions but I've never seen any mention of it.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
Re: Thin Blue Line above tracks - what is it?
on Apr 14, 2017 at 2:44:16 am

Hi Rob,

That looks like the 'how much you moved an event' indicator. Or the 'how much new content added' when you drop in an event.
For example, if you click on an event and drag it to the right, that indicator will tell you how many seconds & frames you moved it (if you have your default time setting to SMPTE).
Say for example, you needed to make room for a 2 second clip to insert, this would help you know by how much to move the existing event.

If you have auto-ripple enabled and delete an event, it should also tell you how much it moved items to close the gap.

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

Rob Spratt
on Apr 14, 2017 at 9:48:33 am

Hi Doug. Thank you so much! It's not something that has ever caused me problems but it has always niggled me when it would appear and disappear and I never knew what it was. At last, I do. I might even start to think how it might help me when I'm making video. I really appreciate the time and effort you took to help me. Thanks again. Rob

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 14, 2017 at 9:59:57 am

[Rob Spratt] "I might even start to think how it might help me when I'm making video"
Yeah, when you do, please tell me! I've gotta think that this is a hangover from VegasAudio.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rob Spratt
on Apr 14, 2017 at 10:28:10 pm

Haha. Your reply was actually reassuring, Graham. For all those years I thought I might have been missing out on some magic purpose for it, that would make video production 10 times faster if only I knew how to use it. Sadly not, it appears :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]